Yesssss

Last Updated:

1. cafolla2

cafolla2 Member This Topic's Starter

So long time lurker here, read as much as i could, all over the place. today i managed to root my phone, the hard way lol(i have a mac, so the pre-kitchen was not an option.) installed fresh rom, gumbo kernel, and set cpu, i now like my hero about 75% more than i previously did, this thing kicks major donkey now. for all the help, even if it wasnt directed directly to me, i thank you all.

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Android Forums!!

Glad you could find what you needed and have started posting. You never know,maybe you will be imparting wisdom to others sometime soon ;)

3. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Sweet! I always enjoy people who root for the first time the hard way ;)

Good luck, and have fun with this thing :D

4. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

i rooted my hero manually as well...took me a few tries..but got it done...

5. Konikub

Konikub Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!!!! Pretty much everyone who roots their phone and installs the kernel will love the phone better then before :D Hope to hear more from you in the future!!

I wish I had done it the hard way. I feel that using the pre-kitchen method....I haven't the knowledge to do other things manually, like pushing apks and such. Going about rooting your phone the hard way gives you more experience with the cmd command screen which I wish I had :)

Enjoy!!!!

6. cafolla2

cafolla2 Member This Topic's Starter

no cmd command screen on a mac, it was all done through terminal. similar commands, just put in differently.

thanks for the warm welcome everyone.i had another account, but for some reason it all the sudden like almost banned me. said i couldn't make posts view pictures or anything, it was weird.

7. Danokan

Danokan Well-Known Member

Congratulations on READING before asking :D

Now have fun with the Hero.. the way it was meant to be :D:D:D

8. andy22

andy22 Well-Known Member

I manually rooted my first Hero but failed to read about how that will not allow me to get the OTA update that we got a month in. I did not have the patience to unroot so I took my phone back and got a new one with the OTA update. Upon arriving home I immediately rooted the new phone manually again and since I have rooted and unrooted and installed every available ROM and kernel out there. I then took my WM Touch Pro that I had already installed a custom ROM 6.5 on and I run Android 2.1 on that. This Android thing is like meth and crack and heroin all in one. I cannot stop tweaking this thing. Now someone needs top port Android to run on laptops and netbooks in a easy to use way with drivers. Drivers are the only impetus for me to do that.

9. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

you do know that the custom roms had the MR update in them right?? no need to unroot or return.. just update to a new ROM

10. andy22

andy22 Well-Known Member

not in November

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk