Yet another 2.1 threadGeneral

Last Updated:

1. estCoast

estCoast Active Member This Topic's Starter

So with all the rumors flying around, I'm left wondering what is THE MOST ACCURATE place to find out when OTA is truly coming? Not looking for a debate with this. Simply the answer. Who can we rely on for accurate info on the upgrade?

I'm very much wanting to upgrade, but since I and my employer require me to be available at all times, I have to be patient and say noo.

Advertisement
  2. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

The short answer is ... there is no such place.

If you're not comfortable installing the leaked OS, basically you just have to sit back and wait. There's likely to be little or no official advance notice of the upgrade ... and when it happens you'll be likely to read about it on this forum first.

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

It is really the same answer at this point. The only solid information that anyone has is still by end of Q1 2010. I suspect that that will not change until April 1st. Then we will just continue to wait it out. We could see it as early in Q2 though as April 2nd. In short, nobody knows for sure and the only way we will know is when someone gets an OTA.

I'm not sure what being available at all times has to do with the upgrade though.

4. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

I don't think there's a 'best' place to find it. But I make sure to check this board VERY often throughout the day because I know that no more than 5 seconds after any news/rumor, it will be posted here. So I guess what I'm saying is, this is the best place to stay tuned.

5. estCoast

estCoast Active Member This Topic's Starter

I won't risk f-ing up my phone over a leak. Not being able to hear someone on the phone, or whatever the issue is with that; is not an option.

6. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

That issue has affected a very small portion of those who have installed the leak. And it usually has to do with app conflicts. I've had the leak since it came out and have experienced only the issue that requires my password to log in to Google when I reboot my phone. I just look at it as an added security measure should my phone get lost/stolen. :)

7. Pitamakan

Pitamakan Well-Known Member

Yep. You're more likely to have your phone slip out of your hand today and break, then you are to disable it with this upgrade.

I don't have a landline, and I use my Eris for work, so my phone service is probably at least as important to me as yours is to you. That's actually one of the reasons I upgraded -- I depend on the thing enough that I want it to be running at its best.

8. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

These are the issues with the leaked 2.1.
    http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/52207-made-verizon-guy-so-jealous-2-1-a-2.html#post439955

I'm not saying you should update your phone. If you are not comfortable with it, then it is certainly something you should avoid. I do however think it is important to know the facts before making a decision about anything.

9. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

This is the original article regarding a Q1 upgrade date, which quotes a Verizon spokesperson named Brenda Raney:

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/12/htc_droid_eris_1.html

10. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

EDIT: Accidentally posted twice.

11. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

I am guessing that two things will happen at once.

The Verizon version of the Nexus One (or, if you ask me, the HTC Incredible) will be released roughly simultaneously with the 2.1 update.

And this will happen as the quarter rolls over.

12. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

I still think there is a 50/50 shot verizon is full of shit and they will not do the OTA update at all.

13. paulbonner

paulbonner Well-Known Member

According to DroidLife, the Moto Droid OTA update is queued up and ready to go -- for instance the system update link on the Verizon Droid support page now takes you to a page of instructions about the 2.1 update. Is it too much to hope that the Droid Eris update is next?