Yet another contacts questionGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Eric2

Eric2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I find that there is an entry for myself in my list of contacts. It contains absolutely no information, except my name and to use default ring tone.

I also find that one of my POP e-mail addresses is listed as another contact. It just contains the e-mail address (and default ring tone).

Why would these be on there? (I am pretty sure I didn't add them.) Can I just delete them, or do they need to be there from some strange reason? (Yes...I know...I could just try it and see, but I don't want to risk "breaking" something.)

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

Sounds like they were synced from your Gmail contacts. Just clean them up there and it should sync down to your phone.

3. Eric2

NKT - Thanks for the suggestion. I checked my Google contacts, and these entries are not there, however.

4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Is it on the very top of your contacts and says "My Contact Card" benieth your name?

5. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Check again. What you are describing fits the google sync scenario to a tee. I see it all the time if I send from one of my other accounts to gmail. It will automatically create a contact for me. Make sure to view the google contacts on your computer and click "All Contacts". I too don't see them unless I click "All Contacts".

6. Eric2

Ah ha! I did not know about "all contacts". That took care of one of them. The other one with just my name is not there, however. Safe to just delete from my phone? Merci bien!

7. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Is it the one that is in your list as "My Contact Card"? If it is I am not sure you can delete it. Matter of fact if you put your data in there and add a picture you will see it when you are text msg'ing people. If its not the contact card then yea you can do what ever you want with it.;)

8. Eric2

No...it's not "my contact card". So OK...I deleted it. Now I guess I should re-synch. Thx

9. erisgary

erisgary New Member

Any suggestions for a more detailed application than the "people" app that came with the phone?

10. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

I haven't found anything yet. I guess we are stuck with People.