Yet another debranding thread

Last Updated:

1. adammacleod

adammacleod Member This Topic's Starter

I have made my card into a gold card, i have rooted and installed a stock 2.2 Froyo and now updated to LeeDroids Rom. Throughout all of this i still have the bloody O2 splash screen when i turn the phone on. What am i doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I think (although not sure as I never have done this) you have to use a generic RUU to debrand it. This would replace the splash screen.

The rooting method I used way back when - did this and removed all my branding.

If you rooted an existing rom say using unrevoked, that wont get rid of it.

You can debrand by using the RUU flashing method, but you'd have to flash a 2.1 ruu to make it easy to root it (as you would need to do this again.)

Hope this helps.

Please wait for other answers before doing anything though because I am not 100% sure on this. Its just what I believe based on what Ive picked up.

3. adammacleod

adammacleod Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers for the advice. So I would need to install a ruu to debrand and then I could install any rom after that?

4. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

RUU is required to debrand, yes. That will give you the standard HTC splash screen and an unbranded ROM. You can then root and replace the ROM if you want.