Yet another "played with Droid X today" thread!

Last Updated:

1. Eloquence

Eloquence Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I went to the store and finally got to play with the X before purchasing. It's AMAZING. I don't really have time to write up a long first impression, but I will say this: anyone who's coming from the Incredible, like me, WILL NOT be disappointed. As a couple other people in this forum have mentioned (like Steve58) it's JUST as fast as the Incredible.

A couple take away points for you all:

• Screen is awesome. Don't listen to the haters. It "pops" so to speak ;)
    • Size is not that bad (see my comparison pic)
    • ALL SORTS of people are going to get this phone -- case in point -- small Asian girl with her friend playing with the phone after I did. Yes she has small hands. NO, it didn't matter.
    • This thing is well built -- feels better in hand than Incredible.
    • No creaking in construction, I tried bending it (while the rep wasn't looking!) and it was a nice tight package
    • Hump is not as big as you'd think -- and actually does help when pulling from pocket, holster, etc.
    • Rewire your brain Incredible users -- I found myself hitting Menu button several times when I meant to hit home. DOH!
    • This thing is gonna sell. I repeat: this thing is going to sell. Hopefully, VZW avoids another HTC Incredible fiasco.
    That's all for now. Hit me up with questions if you have any. Enjoy the pictures!! :D

-Elo

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    verdegallardo likes this.
  2. verdegallardo

verdegallardo Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing! You still gonna carry around your coolpix after you get the X? ;)

I had the same thought when I got to hold it the first time!

3. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

Looks great! thanks for the pics. Thursday is too far away

4. BigJim94

BigJim94 Well-Known Member

I am with you... Today I got to play with a DX at the Verizon store... It did not disappoint. I am coming from a dumbphone... lg dare so the screen real estate is going to take some getting used to but I have big hands it will not take long. I wish I had a large supply of Ambian because tomorrow is going to draggggggggggggg onnnnnnnnn...

5. Eloquence

Eloquence Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How did you know that the camera I was using was a Nikon coolpix? Pretty astute man!
    -Elo

6. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

I held a dummy phone at a Verizon store today. Like you said, it's not that big and not too heavy. It felt fine in my hand.
    I hope I can get my money by Thursday or Friday at the most to get it.