Yet another question related to FB and phone contacts - sync or no sync ? :)Support

Last Updated:

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

May 3, 2010
    Hey guys, Converted blackberry of 5 years here. Just signed up but i've been reading everything about the DInc since I got it on 4/29.
    I've see a lot of FB syncing posts, but i'm not sure if anyone found a solid resolution for it.
    What i'm trying to do is this, and maybe this question and answer can be a good area to finalize the solution instead of looking through all of the 100 threads that have been hijacked and derailed 100 times over.
    Bottom line,
    I have 400 FB contacts who I don't care about
    I have 100 Phone contacts who I do care about.
    I want to link my FB info ONLY to the phone contacts that i have (meaning leave the 300 people on FB out of my contact list, and update the people on my phone list ONLY).
    Now i've found a partial solution so far - but my end result is not good.
    1. sync facebook under accounts and wait for all contacts to appear in your contact list.
    2. proceed to scream and yell and ask your ceiling why the hell all these people are on this list.
    3. in people - menu - choose only phone, and make sure facebook is unchecked.
    That seems to solve 50% of the problem.
    But when you go to dial, every single person from hell to heaven shows up in that phone list, and there is no way to filter just "phone" contacts, vs. "facebook" contacts like you can do in your people app.
    Is there anyway, somehow, at this point in time,that you can get rid of those FB friends from your phone list ?
    Or do we have to deal with this for now?
    and also, i'm ready to just remove facebook, and use the mobile site, because I can't stand typing in john, and having 2 in my phone book, but 20 come up because of my FB friends who i dont give a rat's a$$ about.
    What have we found yet, and sorry if i'm being redundant, that being said, that's no excuse for being redundant but i did use the search feature and i found nothing but derailed posts, and complaints, but what we need is a solution for this.
    Thanks guys, lovin the Incredible right now, i'm thinking about wearing a backpack with a generator attached to it, so i can keep the phone plugged in at all times. :eek::cool::):D

2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    just uncheck the Facebook contacts like you said. Then link each phone contact with their respective facebook contact. A lot of work for what I would think is nothing, but that's the way to go.

As for "Searching" for people, it's not gonna happen the way you want it....yet.