Yet another reason I'm glad I chose the Incredible over Nexus OneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Other than the fact it was on a crappy network, with even worse customer support (allegedly) . . . it seems that it is now no longer being sold. That includes accessories and all. Not news on the Nexus boards, but may be here.

Nexus One Phone

Hopefully, this will NOT be the Incredible's fate after 6 months.

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

I didn't get it for several reasons.

1.) Not on Verizon.
    2.) Incredible was coming.
    3.) Broken multi-touch.

3. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Can you just remove this please! Go Xavier! ;)

4. FrozenIpaq

FrozenIpaq Well-Known Member

The Nexus One is nearly the same hardware as our Incredibles. It was discontinued because it was an experiment by google (selling phones directly) and a lot of people love their N1's. It will still be supported so I don't see the point of this thread. Also the N1 gets the android updates before anyone else due to the nature of the phone

5. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

Has anyone considered that Google will be releasing a new dev phone to replace it?

The N1 was the successor to the G1.

Will be interesting to see what the next android developer phone will be.

6. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The point of the thread is two fold. First, simply to inform those that didn't know. Second, to show that they've not only stopped selling the phone but also the dock and all other accessories that were available. I know this was a Google experiment and they are not a traditional phone company like Verizon. I also know that they cared enough about their customers to sell accessories like a dock for it, unlike Verizon.

That's all nothing more sinister than that. :cool:

7. smacky

smacky Banned

I was gonna post something snide and walk out the thread, but then I read your post.

I don't know how hard it is for someone to read just one article on what the N1 was all about when it was released in order for them to realize the experiment Google was conducting.

It seems everyone's MO is to get the latest and greatest firmware. While N1 users have been enjoying it for well over a month now (the official version, of course) everyone else with a Droid, X, DInc are wondering if they'll ever get it (they will).

So the N1 is a bad phone because of the carrier? Yet people still complain about the DInc and its other issues. :rolleyes: Man, you guys are tough to please.

The N1 isn't dead. It will be used as the phone Android engineers will be developing the next few firmware updates on. Expect it to die early next year...maybe. Once 3.0 is out, it'll be on its last stand.

8. sabrewings

Verizon would sell it if HTC would make it. Verizon placed an order for the docks before the phone launched and HTC still hasn't worked it out. Verizon cancelled it because HTC pretty much said "we can't make Sense work landscape". They could sell it with a free copy of Launcher Pro or something...

The purpose of the Nexus One was to kick the pants of all the other manufacturers to show what an Android phone can really do.

9. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

I didn't buy the Nexus One simply because it was never offered on Verizon's network. Don't get me wrong I'm not disappointed that I got the Incredible (I love it). But I don't think I would have been disappointed with the N1 either.

10. partizan

partizan Member

Given that HTC explicitly stated that they converted two of their phones to SLCD (the Desire and N1) in order to accommodate the Incredible's AMOLED screen shortage, i wouldn't worry about it dying out for some time :)

From the horse's mouth:

"“Because AMOLED supply is being relieved on other models, we currently feel we can meet demand of Droid Incredible with AMOLED screens. Of course we may need to change our minds and add sLCD screen models should demand continue to remain high.”HTC PR Rep

11. sabrewings

12. smacky

smacky Banned