• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Yet another....Seidio 3500 Mah Battery

So yesterday I ended the day with around 40% left in my battery. I went from 6am till 11pm at night with what I consider very heavy use.

Not bad but I still believe it will get better with an external charger that I just ordered yesterday.

It will be interesting to see how this battery does when I go golfing for 5 hours and use golfshots program. That should test it for sure.

Upvote 0
The ones sold on ebay for $3 or less are just fine. I bought the same one off of obostore.com for $3.99.

Oh I see you ordered one already.. but here's a pic for reference for others!

battery_charger.JPG

Reactions: Bagua
Upvote 0
If you don't have an external charger for this battery or any battery, get one.

There is without a doubt an issue with charging inside the phone. It is only getting maybe 90% of the charge when connected to the phone, while external you will get a full 100% charge.

I just fully charged my 3500 this afternoon. I am going to see how long it lasts with my normal usage I have every day.

It was also nice to not see the normal 10% drop within 30 minutes I would normally get when charging inside the phone. I have been up for almost an hour now, and only a 2% dip, when like I said it usually drops 10%.

Upvote 0
Okay still going after 1 Day 3h 35 minutes.

I have 27% left on the battery. I have basically 27:30 hours uptime with almost 6 hours awake time.

I ran 4G for around 2 hours during this time, wifi on 16 of the 27 hours. I have 1 and a half hours of call time.

This battery is a beast (yea I already said it before lol)

Simply amazing. I think I am going to wait till tomorrow morning to charge it as I have my stock battery fully charged from the external. Want to give that a shot and see how well it does when it is fully charged.

If you are in doubt about this battery, don't be. Well worth the money!

Upvote 0
Just wanted to chime in...... I ordered a Seidio 3500 mAh, got it on Tuesday. Installed it and started charging it Tuesday night so I could get the recommended 8 hours of charging in. It's been unplugged since 8 AM Wednesday morning. Currently at 3 PM my battery is at 33% (Battery Left is still calibrating, currently with moderate accuracy - says I should still have about 12 hours of battery life left to go, estimated 40 hours 42 minutes of full battery life).

So far it's mainly been a mix of moderate use and some heavy use. With my stock battery, I would usually be hitting about 20% battery left by 6 PM - and if I did any sort of heavy use, I could count on my battery dying around then.

As others have mentioned, if this holds up, I think it will definitely change the way I use my phone - I was definitely getting to a point where I was nervous to use just about anything (turning on 4G would kill my battery, for example). I don't actually need 40 hours of battery life, but I have a feeling this definitely means I could get in a full day's worth of much heavier use than I've been willing to do, and opens the door to using stuff like tethering more now too.

The extra thickness and weight does not seem that bad to me, and the tradeoff of essentially not having to think about the battery definitely seems worth it.

I will probably keep charging in the phone (the process of taking the battery cover off seems just nerve-wracking enough that I'd prefer to avoid doing it when possible). I am glad to see the explanation for why the initial battery life seems to drop (it's been bugging me that within 30 or so minutes after unplugging my phone I'd see it drop 5-10%, and then it would settle down).

Reactions: Bagua
Upvote 0
neoshi: what voltage reading do you get after you charge the seidio 3500 with this external charger and freshly boot up the phone? I was reading some charger like the one from seidio will charge it to only ~4.15v instead of full 4.2v

The ones sold on ebay for $3 or less are just fine. I bought the same one off of obostore.com for $3.99.

Oh I see you ordered one already.. but here's a pic for reference for others!

battery_charger.JPG

Upvote 0
I recently purchased both batteries and have been tracking their performance. Seidio is definitely more robust. I keep most major radios off except for WiFi when I'm home. Here are the stats:

I left it in the external charger for about 13 hours. The battery charge went green about 5 hours in, so it sat in the green state for approx 8.5 hours or so.

Seidio 3500 Day 1- Wifi only- no other radios on.

7:45a: Installed Seidio 3500
9:00a: 97% after light use
10:20a: 93% after 15mins of angry bird
2:15p : 87% not much use since 10:20a (fyi- my phone generally would be at less than 50"% by this time on stock battery)
4:22p : 80% some surfing and a couple of calls (uptime : 8hrs 41mins)
5:50p : 75% 20 mins of angry birds

Day Two on same battery

7:15a: 55%
7:30p: 9% Swapped Out, back in external charger

Gorilla Day 1 Fully charged on external charger

7:30p: 100%
9:08p: 96% Only wifi, no other activity
10:25p: 86% 45mins angry bird
7:30a: 78% (left overnight idle, dropped 12%)
10:00a: 70% (sitting idle the whole time)
Noon: 64% (one call, some texting)
2:36p: 50% (30 mins angry bird)
7:50p: 9% (after playing over an hour on angry birds) shut down and put battery in charger

Seidio Day 1 after second full charge
8:00p: Full
12:36a 94%
8:30a 90%
5:25P: 75%

Seidio Day 2 on same charge
9:30a 61%
9:03p 50% (went to bed, left idle overnight)
7:15a 48%
6:30p 0% Ran it down with birds

Gorilla Day 1 after second full charge

6:35p 100%
7:00a: 87% idle the whole time
4:00p: 50% 15 mins angry bird
9:28p: 2% good amount of time on bird

Seidio Day 1 After third full charge
9:40p 100% Feb 22nd
7:40a: 86% (installed new widget, played and configured it)
9:00p: 77%
10:20p: 61% (messing with Beautiful Widgets- Upgrade killed it- Looking for a better alternative!!) Feb 23rd

I'll continue to edit this post while I track performance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones