Yet another "what to do with my exact setup and the OTA" thread

Last Updated:

1. gornul

gornul Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yes, I realize the forum is basically full of these at the moment, but I'm having a hard time finding guidance on my exact setup even so.

Rooted with unrevoked, no major system software changed except running the Hydra kernel. I want to be ready for the OTA but ideally retain root to clear the bloatware back off. Work's had me too busy to stay in the loop on the last few weeks of developments in the rooting world, so can someone get me pointed in the right direction?

(While I'm at it, wife's phone is similar except she's still running the stock kernel, how much impact does that have on how I'd handle hers?)

Advertisement
  2. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

you both really are in the same boat, you need to flash the stock recovery back on getting rid of root and the clockwork mod recovery. and if you want to keep root, just use the s-off unrevoked forever BEFORE accepting the new 2.2 OTA. look up on how to unroot the inc. youll find it, thats how u get the stock recovery back.

3. TheCowGod

TheCowGod Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity why is everyone going through the whole unroot procedure to get the OTA when there is already a de-crapwared version of the real offical OTA floating around the forums? It seems like a lot of work to go through for no gain.

4. gs13

gs13 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I'm running the deoxed version Rom, and it couldn't be better.

5. JayCizzo

JayCizzo Well-Known Member

6. TheCowGod

TheCowGod Well-Known Member