52 vote(s)
    91.2%
  2. Still waiting, WTFoogle?

5 vote(s)
    8.8%

Last Updated:

1. kwaping

kwaping Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife and I have yet to receive the OTA update for our DXes. I verified my system version is still .516. Every time I hit "System Updates" it either gives me a quick "can't do that right now" message or it sits and spins forever on "checking for available update". I have not received any notifications of an update being available.

Is it just my household? Is anyone else experiencing this? And does anyone have advice for me, besides "be patient"? :)

Advertisement
  2. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

did you try seariching for the update with ur phone then it should pop up. thats what i did and i just got the phone yesterday

3. kwaping

Do you mean searching somewhere other than the System Updates screen under Settings?

4. deekum1627

no thats the only way you can search is what you said. did you click on search for updates

5. redgtconv

redgtconv Well-Known Member

Try pulling the battery, then search for updates again. If that doesn't work bring it to a Vz store.

6. deekum1627

if you didnt get it yet idk i think it's a diff day for everyone im not sure how it works

7. krs123

krs123 Active Member

Mine gave me same message that could not start update or something like that. I turned on wifi and connected to my wireless router and the update came up and downloaded with no problem. Would not update OTA.

8. krs123

krs123 Active Member

I still had to manually check for it though.

9. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

i manually checked for it a few days ago and it came right up. Maybe if you dont have good reception it could be why it wont come up

10. kwaping

I have great WiFi and 3G reception, both at home and work. Still no update, even with near-constant manual checking. I might have to call VZW and see what's up. I'm not sure there's anything they can do, but I don't know what else to do.

11. 2horses

2horses Well-Known Member

Just be patient it will come. Mine had the update pushed to it some time last night, when I pulled it off the charger this morning it told me it had updated successfully. Just give it time to get to you.

kwaping likes this.
  12. cosmosan

cosmosan Well-Known Member

I was in the same boat as you. Everytime i checked, i got the "check for update was not available at this time" message while on 3g. When on wifi, it would just cycle at the "checking for updates" screen.

Finally, this morning i checked again on wifi and it was available. I was close to bringing the phone into verizon.

kwaping likes this.
  13. Sheba611

Sheba611 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem everytime I checked the Systems Updates. Found the answer to my problem in another forum: turn off Droid X and then turn on. When you go to Systems Update it will download .604 update. Worked for me.:D

14. kwaping

Thanks guys! I will just be more patient. :) I was just afraid *everyone* else had theirs already and there was something wrong. Glad to know I'm not alone.

15. kwaping

The wife and I got our OTA updates yesterday, 7/25. I don't notice much difference after all that anticipation, except I had to pull the battery once! That never happened pre-update. But that's for another thread...

16. Velobici

Velobici Member

Just received the OTA update...downloading it via G3 takes a lot of battery!

Both the systems and the baseband changed. What is in the update? Is it good for us? Is it bad for us? Is to prevent us from getting root...several days ago a method was announced (Videos: How to Root the DROID X - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

Details:
    System: 1.13.516.MB810.Verizon.en.US 1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.en.US
    Fireware: 2.1-update1 same
    Baseband: BP_C_01.09.02P BP_C_01.09.04P
    Kernel: 2.6.29 w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1 same
    Build number: VZW same
    ERI: 5 same
    PRL: 51926 same

Are there other items that I should have checked for changed version numbers?