• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yikes! Metro to enforce Unlimited Data user's Tether limits?

Follow up...Today 10-2-16 I added 3 gigs $15.00 of hotspot ($5/1 gig) to my Metropcs $60. account...
Pdanet only connected at 128k on usb tether but at full speed 19m for Wifi...
I also noted the Phone "wifi/hotspot" icon was on even though it was only connected via usb (tethering OR mobile hotspot active) in phone notification...
Phone automatically started hotspot (only usb selected in PdaNet)...
Laptop showed "Samsung USB driver" being installed..automatically...

Upvote 0
Hey guys I have a question maybe you can help
I have had unlimited plan more than a year without any problem. But today when I was watching iptv I got message that 10% of hotspot data left and then nothing left and my streaming stopped...I went to My Metro app and it showed that I used all mobile hostpot data (but it's turned off and I never used it). Now everything is fine (speed, youtube and other streaming apps) but I can't watch iptv any more. Tried with different apps, same result but on Wi fi it works fine...

Upvote 0
The line "Unlimited 4g LTE data Speed" as well as customer service before, confirmed USB tethering was ok just not as 'wireless" hotspot that could allow non metro/t-mobile users to access there network...is what the FCC verdict and fining of T-mobile is all about. So far, the hotspot USB tether only works at 155-160Kb but the wireless works at around 3meg (3g-ish)
metro (2).jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones