YMAIL and Baseband C_01.3E.03P

Last Updated:

1. JSanford

JSanford New Member This Topic's Starter

Well heres an odd one for ya - I have been using ymail successfully with the stock email app for a long while now (at least 4 months) and have had no problem changing from one rom to another with no real issues with email (just re-entering settings as per instructions in another thread) however....

Last night I decided to give the Baseband C_01.3E.03P update a go and after reactivation, restarting, etc -- BOOM -- now YMAIL says "Setup could not finish - Username or password incorrect"

After several tries throughout the night and now this morning I took my wife's Droid without the Baseband C_01.3E.03P update and - voila it still works perfectly with my username and password.

I have tried loading a couple different roms but to no avail. Thoughts?

(Addition)

After continuing my search I found some new settings that have worked successfully.
    I tried it just a few minutes ago with new instructions, and it worked for me. Choose IMAP as the protocol, not POP3, and then try to use these settings:

Incoming settings
    Email address: yourname@yahoo.com
    Username: yourname@yahoo.com
    Password: ******
    IMAP server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Security type: SSL
    Server port: 993

Click "Next" and it will bring you to the next page of settings:

Outgoing server settings
    [X] Login required
    Username: yourname@yahoo.com
    Password: ******
    SMTP server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Security type: SSL
    Server port: 465

Hope this helps!

Advertisement
    vry5 likes this.
  2. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member

I was just about to ask which settings you were trying to use. Glad to here its all working now.

hopfuly and one else having troubles will find this first......:D

3. gregg098

gregg098 Active Member

Using the stock email app on 2.1, yahoo uses the android imap servers with no special setup, but the yahoo/android imap servers do not work with wifi. You have to be on 3G.