Yo! 'Nother newbie checkin' in...

Last Updated:

1. mikeaustin

mikeaustin Member This Topic's Starter

Howdy from Austin, Texas!

Samsung Captivate is my gun, now I'm working on best "bullets" as in widgs, apps, blah blah...

With the new pistola, I wanted to check out some good online stuff, obviously this site was at the top. Familiar enough with message boards, post and moderate on some, to observe, check the "gossip" and glean out the best. This one looks it, so I'm psyched to be here!

About me (at least enough to get you to read this far):

- fairly techie but not hard-core middle-aged white guy (no! Really?)
    - light smartphone user (don't have 90 million contacts, my entire business, and ten gazillion apps loaded, and while I enjoy Angry Birds, I'm somehow not obsessed yet, but am working hard on it).
    - previous phone was tin can and string (almost, an old Nokia 2600 that was - shock! - actually mostly a phone! Some of you remember cell phones...
    - chose the Captivate 'cause I'm stuck in an iPhone family (wife and daughter)... we fit the "Android for men, Iphone for women" stereotype I think, so to preserve the peace, kept with AT&T (semi-bleecch!).
    - so far, LOVE the Captivate, am looking forward to learning more...
    - might go "root" route, am confident w/that, just want to see if it's worth it

Anyway, nice folks on here apparently, thanks for the free reg, looking fwd to keeping up and/or posting questions now (lurked for a few weeks).

End call.
    mikeaustin

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :)

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!