You Can Get Google Contacts to Phone ListTips

Last Updated:

1. exwifeusesiphone

exwifeusesiphone Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 3, 2010
    So I realized last night that if you make a group in Contacts, that group is created on the Phone Contact List, not in your Google Contacts, and those contacts are then copied to the Phone Contact list. Thus, you can add all the contacts you want to the Phone Contact list, which has the side effect of being able to use the Verizon backup app to make a backup of your contacts.

Kind of pointless, but might be useful to people who want to change their default Google account for whatever reason and get some crucial contacts back after a hard reset using Verizon's MyBackup.

2. copr165

copr165 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I personally hate Verizon's Backup Assistant. When bought new X activated it by accident and it had some old numbers in it didn't need any more and I went through and deleted them on the phone and every time it would sync it added them back. Finally called VZW rep and he stated I would have to go in to Applications, then running apps, then to Backup Assistant and then push it to stop the sync. He said could not delete it. I then stopped the sync process and then went into VZW and deleted all the contacts. I backup through my Gmail account and no if I ever use BA again it will copy what I have now, hopefully.
  3. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Might be useful for me, since verizon's contact transfer dumped ALL my phone contacts into my facebook contacts.