1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

You guys helped before...

Last Updated:

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Member This Topic's Starter

so I'm hoping you can help again.

I finally got a clock app for the Acclaim that would work (THANK YOU AGAIN!!), sooooo... now i"m trying to find a way to play movies.

I loaded a couple "video clips" on my card. The ones that were xvid played no problem. I just went to the media folder and tapped them and away they went.

I have some (my kids favorite ones, of course) that aren't xvid and didn't even show up as being in the media folder.

Is there an app I can download that will recognize them and let them play? I tried finding something called Handbrake that I read about earlier, but couldn't find it in the market and I'm not sure that's what I really need anyway.

It wouldn't be a big deal, but we are getting on a plane in a week with two 7 year olds and a three year old who know that when they get off the plane, they will be in Disney world. So I have my doubts as to their ability to sit quietly for a three hour plane ride.

I'm SO new to all this, and I really, really appreciate all the help AND the fact that you all seem to use "non-techy" words.

Advertisement
  2. InstantKarma

InstantKarma Well-Known Member

Handbrake isn't an app, it's a PC program that you can use to convert your videos to a playable format.

You will need to use something to convert your videos, unless you're using one of the few video players that will play formats not directly supported by Android. I think you must be, since you played xvids.

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

If the video files are out of the display range of the device or use an unknown codec, you'll have to convert them. For putting Commercially produced DVD's on my phone I use
    DVD Decrypter to rip them to a file and Videora - Free Video Converter to convert them to the optimum format.