you have reached the openwave proxy server error messageSupport

Last Updated:

1. ranrai

ranrai New Member This Topic's Starter

i got this error message, when i try and log onto my company website.
    i am using the Telus LG Shine Plus. it bought it 4th dec2010, to replace my windows phone.
    when i using the wi-fi from home, i have no problems.
    questions:-
    why can i log in from home but not via 3g+?
    can i even get telus to help me?

ran

Advertisement
  2. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

I thin k I am having a similar problem logging into my school website. I believe it worked on wifi but on 3g entering my password would give me the error that the credentials could not be determined to be authentic. Tethering worked fine on the 3g since I got the full version of pdanet. Not sure what the reason is. However the school website is slow at the best of times and has very high security procedures.

3. ranrai

after speaking to Telus, it appears it could be a problem with the IP address assigned by the cell network to certain phones? this may be causing a problem, but telus can not help me further ! it not a network problem.
    i am going to switch to the iphone, which has no problems

4. 350Rocket

350Rocket Well-Known Member

That doesn't quite sound right. Anyways my home internet is cut off now and I'm tethering from now on. So far no issues, except Opera web browser doesn't seem to be working well for me at all, whether in turbo mode or regular. IE seems to be fine believe it or not.

How do you know that the Iphone doesn't have any issues? I wouldn't even be able to come close to affording the iphone. I'm surprised someone would buy the LG Shine plus which is kind of a budget phone, then jump straight up to the iphone. If I was to upgrade from this, it would be for the HTC Desire, or something similar. Or if I was considering the Iphone or an Android phone, it would be one of the higher end Android phones.

5. ranrai

i just manged to get it working using Opera ver 10.1....