You know, the stock messaging app isn't all that bad afterall...

Last Updated:

1. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I first got my EVO, one of the first things I heard to do was get Chomp or Handcent... I got both and was getting triple notifications... So I said i'll bear with it for a bit till I see which one I like best... I though Chomp was a lil better than handcent so i went them...

Then I kept getting double notifications even when turning off the stock messaging notifications....

So I said lemme give the stock app another try.... I can't front, its nice! I think I might even run with it for a little while to see if I like it enough to use all the time...

Advertisement
  2. bigddybn

bigddybn Well-Known Member

Per contact TXT tone. I simply can not function without it and unfortunately the stock app doesn't do it.

Sticking with Handcent. It's take 10 seconds to configure the phone to not double notify with it.

3. IXIShogunR1

IXIShogunR1 Well-Known Member

thats the only thing i don't like not being able to set seprate notifaction sounds for diffrent people/programs

but other then that i have no issues with the stock messager

4. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

+1 for Stock messaging. Only downside is that it doesn't sound off notifications while in call. Froyo apparently fixes this? :)

5. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I hear you... My phone is RARELY EVER on loud.... I usually keep it on Vibrate... When I had my iPhone it stayed on silent and no vibrate... I just checked the screen often and had it in a place where I can see if someone called or sent a message...