You know what's interesting?

Last Updated:

1. Regalicious

Regalicious Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got to play with an Epic today and the screen didn't have the blue-ish tint typical of Super AMOLED. I compared it with my Captivate and it was especially obvious with the browser open to Google (since it's a plain white background) at the same brightness level.

Advertisement
  2. The Tick077

The Tick077 Well-Known Member

Interesting, I wonder if they played with the white balance? I for one don't really care, I tend to like things a little cool anyway.

3. steveholtam

steveholtam Member

Or the color is unique from unit to unit? But hopefully they fixed it via software on the Epic.

4. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I played with a Tmobile Vibrant today and that screen also didn't seem to have a bluish hue as far as I remember. Also the screen brightness worked great in browser and out of browser. It got dark enough for my liking and bright enough as well. Maybe its a firmware update??

Or maybe its just me?? Or maybe its just you :p (j/k)

5. Regalicious

Regalicious Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had several (four) Epic units to play with and compared them all with my Captivate and while they varied very slightly amongst themselves, they were all noticeably warmer / not blue when compared to my Captivate sitting next to them.

6. Eazail70x7

As long as it doesn't have that ugly pinkish hue thats on the Nexus, Desire and Incredible I'll be happy. I played with the Incredible also today and it look a little more pixelated than the Vibrant did. It seemed almost over sharpened where as though it made a very slight tiny shadow to all the icons and text. Its only noticeable when you get close to the screen.

7. vanilla slab

vanilla slab Member

how did you get your hands on a whole 4 epics?

8. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Hey just to let you know. The blue tint problem varies from unit to unit.
    I own the Vibrant, I have what i would consider severe blue tint. I've placed my Vibrant, side by side, next to other vibrants, some have it some dont.

Same with some captivates, some have it some dont.

It's like a box of choclates, you never know what you going to get. There seems to be lots of manufacturing inconsistences with these screens.

Like I said, its a gamble. when you get your epic, captivate, vibrant, or any other galaxy S phone. Just cross your fingers you don't get a phone with blue tint.

There is a thread on this in the captivate forum, vibrant forum, and a huge thread about this over at xda developers.

Again, the blue tint varies from individual phone to phone. 1 phone might not have it, and the closed box sitting right next to it just might!

9. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

really? :rolleyes:;) man, i'd bet you are kicking yourself about now for not waiting for the epic. :eek:

10. iwillfearnoevil

iwillfearnoevil Well-Known Member

yeah i read a review saying reviewer had slight blue tint. maybe it's not so bad or perhaps he just got lucky as SV posted ...

11. Eazail70x7