You learn something new...

Last Updated:

1. cbasse

cbasse Member This Topic's Starter

I could be the last one to figure this out, but since I haven't seen anyone post about it, I figured I'd pass this along...

After playing with my Captivate for about a month, I just stumbled upon a somewhat easier way to uninstall apps. Instead of going to "Settings > Applications > Manage Applications", simply go to your app drawer, press and hold on the app you want to uninstall, and hold it until the screen with the trash can pops up,then (still holding your finger on the screen) hover over the trash can until it says "Drop To Uninstall". Simple.

Its the little "easter eggs" like this that keep "captivate"ing me with this phone...

Any other tricks out there that are worth passing along? Please share! :)

Advertisement
    djgibbsjr, Karl_Tx, ageros and 2 others like this.
  2. myrv

myrv Well-Known Member

Awesome, I hadn't realized this as I am new to Android. This makes me feel a lot better about the operating system as I came from an iPhone and this is a good compromise to permanently removing an app.

3. cbasse

Thought I'd add: in case it makes a difference, I'm using Launcher Pro Plus.

Also, I may have misunderstood you, but I'm pretty sure this does completely uninstall it, just a shortcut to doing so...

4. enjoimark

enjoimark Active Member

While very informative, this is just an android feature, not a Captivate feature.

5. cbasse

I should have suspected as much...thanks for shattering my ego -- for a minute there, I thought I was brilliant! :cool:

6. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

Hahah, at first, this was the only way I knew how to uninstall apps...drag 'em to the trash!

7. cbasse

in case i didn't mention before...I'm new to Android, so every day is like Christmas when I discover stuff like this!

8. cbasse

Anyone know if there's a forum over in the general Android section that would have tips & tricks like this, for the Android noobs like me? I suppose I could go look, but figured i'd ask in case anyone knows of a good thread...

9. mash4077

mash4077 Active Member

awesome

10. djgibbsjr

djgibbsjr Active Member

great tip!! I'm pretty new to android myself and although I install apps from my sd card through root, deleting them was a b***h, so I barely ever did it, this makes it SOOOO much easier, thanks man!!!

11. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member

This only works when you have the view type set to customizable grid. Otherwise the maneuver does nothing.

12. Pheno.menon

Pheno.menon Well-Known Member

I have Uninstaller app from the Market. It has a great interface and gives you one-click uninstallations. Use it a lot!

13. saamlee92

saamlee92 Well-Known Member

works on the Vibrant with launcher+. thnks