• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You may be able to go back to 1.5 from 2.1 OTA?

I just did this process, works flawlessly. I still need to run to the Verizon shop, of course my wifes Eris won't authenticate to the network now. Man, what a lousy OTA update!! This thread however probably saved my marriage, because it was my idea for her to run the update, and then of course it was my fault it sucked. Now we are running 1.5 and she will like her phone again. Thanks everyone!

Upvote 0
I just did this process, works flawlessly. I still need to run to the Verizon shop, of course my wifes Eris won't authenticate to the network now. Man, what a lousy OTA update!! This thread however probably saved my marriage, because it was my idea for her to run the update, and then of course it was my fault it sucked. Now we are running 1.5 and she will like her phone again. Thanks everyone!

Did you try dialing *228 (and selecting option 1) on the phone which wouldn't authenticate?

Just curious.

eu1

Upvote 0
has anyone tried this on what appears to be the official ruu update? http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/92096-verizons-ruu-official-2-1-droid-eris.html
this is the link to the thread which is supposed to give you the official update for those of us who leaked the unofficial to our phones. Someone should try this because all the numbers match the official ota update.

That RUU will only flash software to the phone which is identical to Leak-V3.

If you are on leak-V3, running that RUU does nothing for you except a factory reset.

The only people who should consider using it are folks on leak-V1 or -V2 ... nobody else, because it will install the 1.49 S-ON bootloader.

If you are on 1.5 or OTA-2.1, DO NOT USE THIS.

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones