• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You think the Captivate has problems - Check out the Blackberry Torch!

mhw, i'd just stay with the torch if it is flawless for you

the biggest selling point for the captivate is really the screen, in my opinion

and i would've tried a blackberry torch but i have been tainted by the amoled so its hard to go for a phone that...dim lol

Likely sage advice. I spent a few hours today with the Vibrant with my Torch beside it and while the Vibrant screen was much better on a movie, the font/text/pdf and other clarity really wasn't painfully much different. Its the kind of difference you can get used to but maddening if you've seen the Galaxy screen.

One thing that did seem to compensate for the lower resolution was the brightness. Maybe it was just me but the brightness of the Torch compared to the iphone/vibrant was higher and this seemed to help, if that makes any sense at all.

Upvote 0
mhw, i'd just stay with the torch if it is flawless for you

the biggest selling point for the captivate is really the screen, in my opinion

and i would've tried a blackberry torch but i have been tainted by the amoled so its hard to go for a phone that...dim lol

Im in the same position...i cant go to a lesser screen than the samoled...thats the only thing stoppin me from switching..but im tryin the focus on the 8th..cant wait

Upvote 0
I hate my Blackberry. The keyboard sucks, the screen sucks, the thing is always popping up the hourglass spinner for random reasons and you wait wait wait... gets worse over time until it never goes away and then you need to pull the battery and reset. Thing is slow as death and the magnet in the slipcase erased my hotel keycard once. Argh.

Wow. I haven't heard anthing like that since the initial OS. Try .246 as that seemed to stop all the lagging. What don't you like about the kb? I thought it was pretty good compared to the Vibrant although admittedly I didn't spend a ton

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones