You tube app in hi res and with wi fiSupport

Last Updated:

1. alvaro

alvaro New Member This Topic's Starter

Guys i just get the droid incredible and so far so good, battery life is not part of what makes the phone "incredible" anyway. My problem is this.

When connected to the wi fi, and using the youtube app or the cbs app, the video gets stalled even if the buffer keeps progressing.

When I change to 3G i notice the same video now in low quality goes ok till the end of the file.

Can you guys help me just testing in your phones if you experience he same issue ?

If this is something common can you please confirm if there is any solution available?

Advertisement
  2. alvaro

What is wrong with this forum I hve 60 visitors in this thread an no one can take their phones an stream a little bit. of video in you tube and share with me if thwy get stalled or not comm on it is not thathard I need.to decide if i should retuthe phone

3. tlp5002

tlp5002 New Member

Good things come to those who wait :)

There are a lot of great resources on this forum, and I imagine most are dedicating a lot of time towards Root. That said, I'll try to help..

1) I totally agree the battery is not the best, but have a look here and here to get started. It seems there are issues with either Flickr, Facebook, or the Calendar not allowing the phone to sleep properly. Mine was related to the Calendar. A few minutes spent in those threads and you should see improvement with your battery.

2) I tried my Incredible with two different Wifi access points, and then on 3G in a pretty good coverage area. Here's what I found:

3G: Results in low quality video.
    3G + Selecting HQ: Results in HQ video, but takes much longer, and did run into a couple buffer issues.
    WiFi (at home - Netgear): Defaults to HQ video, a hiccup, loaded fine.
    WiFi (at work - Linksys): Defaults to HQ video, no hiccups, loaded fine.

Obviously loading an HQ video will take longer, and could result in some buffer problems. However, it shouldn't be unwatchable. This is one where YMMV since it depends on your 3G coverage, WiFi setup, and proximity to both. I can honestly say this thing handles YouTube better than the Moto Droid did, both in terms of quality and sustainability.

alvaro likes this.
  4. alvaro

Thanks a lot for your answer it is very useful, I have contacted the people from Verizon and they are aware of the situation, i have Motorola SB900 cable wireless modem adapter at home and i have a Cysco wireless adapter at work in both places it has problems with the buffer. My real deal with that is in the end when i replace the phone i have to use it as an ipod and i would not be able to access properly the internet.

Again thans for your answer