You Tube & SMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. DSG04lightning

DSG04lightning Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well i have Handcent and have set it to pop up so i can reply system wide. While looking at You Tube videos it pops up i reply and when i go back to my video its just blank will not restart or anything else i have to hit back and click on the vid from the start. Its just annoying. Anyone know a work around this. I am Rooted i also have Tasker (but not that good where i can figure out how to do this) Does this happen to everyone is this just the network not being able to handle text and data at the same time. It worked fine on my old iphone. Any suggestions are appricated

Advertisement
  2. DSG04lightning

Thanks Mods

3. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member

Now mind you this is all theory because although I have Tasker, I have yet to learn it. But couldnt you set up a tasker profile that says that if you get a sms message while the youtube app is running, it will not notify you? (Leaving only an icon in the taskbar. This should be possible with a program like Tasker that can do anything you could ever want if you know how.

If you wanted to get a little extreme, Im sure tasker could put the phone in airplace mode once the youtube app is launched which will stop all messages till the youtube app is closed and the airplane mode is lifted.

4. DSG04lightning

now there is a suggestion! but id feel bad if im just goofing around on you tube at work and the wife actually "needs" something