1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Youmail great app for your phone!!

Last Updated:

1. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator This Topic's Starter

Here is a small video showing you how to use Youmail voice mail service, it is free, and you can customize your greeting to each caller if you want, you can also list to your messages in several ways, from the phone app, from your email from your PC or phone, which is what I prefer. and it can also send you an email when you have a message or a text message, I personally do not use the phone app, I simply listen to my voice mails from my email. You will need to register and set it up, and then forward your voice mail to the Youmail message center, simple

To forward you simply dial from your Sprint Phone *289095106169 and you will hear 2 quick beeps and your messages will go directly to Youmail service, to deactivate if you ever want, simply dial *38 and you will here 2 beeps again telling your phone has been deactivated from the Youmail service
    :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epuc9eyyf_Q

Advertisement
  2. cperkins03

cperkins03 Active Member

Thx a lot Don B,

Is there a way to delete this annoying Stock Sprint "Mandatory update" message/icon in my status bar

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Not without installing the VM update.

4. cperkins03

cperkins03 Active Member

When i try to install it gives me this "General Failure. Please try again at a later time"

5. cperkins03

cperkins03 Active Member

Don B, is there a charge for the call forwarding at all?

6. DonB

Nope none at all, exactly the process I mentioned, you can also check the Youmail website, and go to your carrier Sprint, it has the instructions there also, like mentioned I have been using it for over a year and Sprint has waived the call forward charge, so it is free for Sprint users

7. SlothyUK

SlothyUK Well-Known Member

people crack up at my personalized voicemails I leave for them. Its a cool app!

NOTE TO SELF: always make sure to change message when daughter is hanging out with g/friend.. my jaw dropped when I realised what script was on there and daughter HAD ALREADY left message....luckily she was too busy talking to actually hear it..phew

8. emblemboy

emblemboy Active Member

Ya, i get this also. I'm using LiquidSense rom and i'm not able to download that voice mail upgrade.

9. DonB

If you have a backup of your Stock ROM try that and see if you can upgrade, I went back to my rooted stock and updated my Profile, PRL, and of course VVM which I did not care about but I updated it anyways with no issues

10. dougrb

dougrb Well-Known Member

I set up YouMail a couple of days ago, and am positive that I had all the notification settings correct. Asked a few friends to call me to test the service and at first it worked just fine. Today for some reason, the service was all screwy. I wasn't getting voicemails (I was testing from my wife's BlackBerry) and it would take forever for them to register on the website.

I'd also manually check them by refreshing on the phone, and sometimes they would show up and sometimes not. Very sketchy behavior for an important function of the phone.

I wound up canceling my service and went back to stock Sprint VM. Btw, this is on stock EVO ROM 2.2

Doug