1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

your apps

Last Updated:

1. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sorry if this is already posted but I am overwhelmed by the android market. So I was hoping some of you would post a few of the apps that are either must have or ones newbies like me might not know about. Plus a brief statement about the app ( I WILL research the rest) or maybe you could point me in the right direction. Thanks

ps. I have really found this forum very helpful so thank you to all who have supported it and its followers.

Advertisement
  2. chiefsfan

chiefsfan Member

My favorite two apps are Meridian noble player and Pkt Auctions Ebay.

Meridian was recently updated so the resolution fits the motorola droid great now. I think I like this music player over any of the rest because its easy for me to change songs while driving. I can reach over in the seat and swipe my finger down on the album art to switch the song.

I like Pkt Auctions Ebay because I buy/sell used games on eBay a lot. It is an easy way to check (scan barcode) for games and see what they are going for on eBay before purchasing.

I hope this is a good start for you.

3. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

I have Handcent:
    For instant messaging. I like the layout better than the pre-installed app.

K9:
    For email. The best part of this for me is that it lets me set signatures for all of my accounts.

My one paid app is Golf Card:
    I haven't had a chance to try it out yet because it's not exactly golfing season. It got rave reviews and it is extremely cheap compared to other gps golf apps. It's a one time price (I think I paid $8.99) rather than a subscription. The one complaint is that the only courses are ones that already have the gps carts, but those carts don't save my stats so that I can compare how I did the next time I play that course. I doubt it will improve my game because I stink at golf but I will have a little bit more fun playing. :D

4. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you both for your responses. I will be looking into those as soon as possible. Looking forward to more responses as well.

5. ergalthema

ergalthema Well-Known Member

There are a few huge threads dedicated to your question. Good stuff there - check them out.

6. galt

galt Well-Known Member

As mentioned, this subject gets discussed every hour or two, and several huge threads out there. But my short answer is:

Note Everything Pro
    Bubble Level (fun to show to non-geeks, makes them want a Droid).
    Weatherbug
    Pandora
    iMusic