1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Your best Quadrant score.

1. Lanman1978

Lanman1978 Well-Known Member

Whats the best score that you have ever gotten when running Quadrant? Currently I am running the latest Mobster ROM and Anthrax kernel oc'd to 1.56 GHz and I almost scored a 4000. I have never really went any higher than that. What about the rest of you all?

Advertisement
  2. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Well-Known Member

I managed to get Quadrant scores over 4400 while being overclocked to 1.72 GHz, using the AnthraX kernel. But yeah, it's not worth keeping it that high because it'll eat through your battery in no time.
  3. Lanman1978

Currently I am oc'd at 1.62 GHz and that is the highest that I can go.

4. Revenant Ghost

That's where I've been keeping it at. By the way, I also use Mobster ROM.
  5. notebooko

notebooko Well-Known Member

4000 on Harmonia clocked at 1.89 on JMZ kernel. I keep it clocked at 1.5 for daily use (I prefer stability over speed).
  6. Lanman1978

When I was flashing Anthrax I set my max to be 1.62 in the aroma installer.
  7. notebooko

notebooko Well-Known Member

You should still be able to go over that.
  8. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member

Quadrant is a poor benchmark on these phones. It is inconsistent from rom to rom, phone to phone.

Not true.
    It's likely that not all can even go over 1.2 due to "binning". Overclocking isn't a guarantee.
  9. thebryceee

thebryceee Well-Known Member

Whatever you choose as your clock speed in aroma is the highest you can oc. It's because the clock speed still touches 1.7 GHz and was causing random reboots for phones that can't handle that high a clock speed

Edit: that is for the more current builds of anthrax
  10. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Well-Known Member

What app do you all use to overclock? I registered on the Anthrax forums so tomorrow when I finally get access I plan on flashing the kernel with Mobster ROM. I always used CM7 when I had the Triumph, which had an overclocking option built in.
  11. integra94

integra94 Member

So what is a reliable benchmarking tool if Quandrants no good? I mean i know this phone is fast in real life situations but i like to see it in numbers :p
  12. Revenant Ghost

I've been using Kernel Tuner so far. With it you can toggle V-sync and Fastcharge, and you can OC the CPU and GPU on the fly. You can also change the soft button light level and color depth.

The downside is the settings won't stick after you reboot. You have to reload a profile in order to get your previous settings back. Otherwise, it will stick with the default settings.
  13. Banished Angel

Is Kernel Tuner free? I found SetCPU for $2, is it worth it?
  14. Lanman1978

Setcpu is good as well as System Tuner Pro and Antutu CPU Master.

15. Banished Angel

I only want to buy one overclocking app, so which one would you recommend the most? I don't mind paying a few bucks if I get a solid app with nice functionality.
  16. Lanman1978

Yeah it only makes sense to run only one oc app. I would research the three that I mentioned and see which one suits you best. You really can't go wrong with either one of the apps I mentioned.

17. Banished Angel

I ended up getting SetCPU. Running 384 min 1512 max as my daily.
  18. Lanman1978

The thing I found with setcpu though is that it loses the frequencies every now and then. Say you have it set at 1.5 GHz max. It will change to 1 GHz on its own. At least that's what I noticed anyway. Antutu CPU Master has always kept the frequencies pretty steady for me. I use it on my Galaxy Tab as well as my Evo V.

19. phw8558

phw8558 Well-Known Member

Had setCPU purchased from my last phone. Its nice but could use some new features.

I think the fluctuation is dependent upon the governor. Say if it's "on demand", the full 1500mhz isn't needed to view setcpu. But if you switch to "performance" it is always at 1500mhz.

Also, anyone get a succesful boot above 1620MHz with anthrax 3.5?
  20. Raul720

Raul720 Well-Known Member

Yup. Kernel tuner is free. You can also get it in the anthrax forums.
  21. Hollaback12786

Hollaback12786 Well-Known Member

Bam! Midnight rom 1.3.1, anthrax 3.5.0RC2MR

[​IMG]
  22. mrawesome22

mrawesome22 Well-Known Member

23. BackHandLegend

BackHandLegend Well-Known Member

Over 9000!!!!!!!!
  24. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member

To be honest I don't give a damn how high my quadrant or someone else's quadrant score is. Quadrant fluctuates so much and my phone is still super fast even when it's underclocked and undervolted. I had my phone overclocked to 1.5 ghz and didn't really notice a difference in performance according to my daily use. :cool: