your brightness settings?Support

Last Updated:

1. Mr Patchy Patch

Mr Patchy Patch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So after turning off "adjust automatically" about a week ago in the display settings I have noticed a huge battery improvement. My question is what is your brightness set at? 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, full? Just trying to see where most people are with there settings and how the battery has been with it. Right now I'm around 1/4 but wondering if anyone set on about 1/2 or more has noticed battery drainage. Also, will the 2.1 update fix the battery problem?
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I myself like to have a fairly bright screen, I keep mine around 3/4, I have never had an issue with my battery thank god but I know a lot of people have, they say that 2.1 is supposed to have a few improvements to prolong battery life but there is also a lot of apps out there that can reduce battery usage.

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hi ya, I use an app called 'Quick Settings' and it gives you the brightness in % terms. Mine is about 36% at the moment which is fine for indoors. Up to 90's if I'm outside (not 100% tho cos that dims itself back for some weird reason) Battery seems to be ok but I don't maintain it at high settings because everyone said it would eat battery power. So will be interested to see peoples replies.

4. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

As a very heavy user I have found that with the screen set below 25% the phone can last for a few hours longer.

The screen is dim but still usable outside, but I do have widget app to adjust the brightness if I am showing another person something on the phone.

5. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

I just let it adjust automatically.

6. powerkiter

Drives me nuts using the auto setting as most of the time it just flickers light and dark, not by much but enough to really bug me.

7. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

I actually find mine auto brightness really good.

8. powerkiter

Lucky, even my mates Desire likes to hunt all the time just looks like the thing is flickering :(

9. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

I stopped using the auto-brightness, as I found it was preset to be too dark. The difference when outside in the sunlight was amazing as soon as I switched to manual brightess and set it to 75%.

Email the developer of Quick Settings. I contacted him about this a while ago but he has yet to address it.

10. powerkiter

Ive yet to find a brightness widget that give 100% for some reason?

No matter which one I have used.

11. T3RBO

T3RBO Well-Known Member

Never needed to touch mine since I got the phone so no idea what it comes set at.

12. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

i have it around 25% to 30% which i perfect indoors and ok outdoors unless under bright light, but i can deal with it as need to, found it works for me, so i guess each to there only really, and can depend on ur daily work/home light