Your experience buying T-mobile refill card from ebay

Last Updated: 2014-04-07 00:15:50
  1. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

Have you buy refill or top up card from ebay?

Do you have any problems?

Advertisement
  2. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

I ONLY get it from a specific dude depending on your rating he wil send u the pin but he doesn't do it for everyone i usually get 2 $50 pins for 80 sometimes a little more depending the time of month for him
  3. chong67

I had been getting mine at 30% off.

How do some of these people make money like this?

Is there something fishy going on here?
  4. chong67

I do not wait till the last minute to buy my refill. If I see it, I get it, but I dont want to have few hundreds balance on T-mobile.

I just figure opportunity once gone doesnt come back. :)
  5. eljefe0000

im sure some dudes are scammers i read about one guy buying pins with a stolen credit card so make sure who you get it from has a good rep
  6. chong67

I see.

I wonder if T-mobile ever recall or get a balance out if it turn out to be fraud.

Does T-mobile sell at least 30% discount to some merchant?
  7. eljefe0000

if it was bought with a stolen credit card they take it away from you its up to you to get your money back from where you got it from . also tmo does do promotions where they offer it for less but only to merchants
  8. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

I got $100 worth for $78.95 Feb 2 or 3rd paid with paypal so I should be covered if its a problem. guy sent me the pin within 2 hours, probably within 15 mins actually.
  9. eljefe0000

a lot of guys are legit you just have to be careful with guys that offer $50 for like 30
    jgraves12 likes this.
  10. chong67

I did get a $35 for $50 but had to wait 18 hours.

I got a $70 for $100 yesterday and have to wait about 18 hours also.

I say its a pretty good deal man. I hope these deals last forever.
  11. chong67

30% discount is steep. Plus all the transaction and junk fees that seller have to eat. Where is the profit margin?

What am I complaining? Nothing. :)
  12. chong67

I see some of the sellers are selling it from outside USA.

If you can get a $100 for $50?

I am doing some more investigation.
  13. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah I'm puzzled as to how they buy so low and still sell pretty low. :confused:
  14. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

hmm, good question better question do you look into it and decide to skip it or do you buy and not worry about it.
    I would say if you buy with paypal if it does turn out to be a scam and your money is lost paypal usually refunds you.
    SuperAfnan likes this.
  15. chong67

EBAY shoppers,

This quick guide is to make you aware of many fradulent prepaid refill card offers that are increasingly available on EBAY.

You may see a classified ad, or an auction, offering a T-mobile, Boost Mobile, etc. refill cards for almost 50% of the face value.

Do NOT buy these refills. These sellers (usually not in USA) buy airtime with stolen credit cards and re-sell it on EBAY.

This can happen to you:

After you complete your purchase, you WILL receive a refill confirmation from your cell phone provider, so it will appear as all is well. You've got your refill for an awesome price, you left positive feedback, life is good.. NOT!

Several months later, you will receive a call from your cell company, telling you that you owe them whatever the face value of your refill was, plus tax. This is because the charge on the stolen credit card gets reversed by its legitimate owner, and now YOU owe the full amount to your service provider. When they learn that the credit card used for the refill was stolen, your prepaid account will be suspended, and the purchase will be reported to the authorities.

You will then need to go to the local police office, filie a police report, turn in your receipts from E-bay and Paypal for the transactions to the police, and contact E-bay's and Paypal's fraud departments, to clear your name with the service provider, Ebay, and Paypal.

Red flags to look for:

1) The seller requires for you to provide your cell phone number with your payment (NEVER, ever, give out your cell phone number, when buyng a refill on EBAY.)

2) It is a classified ad, or an auction that contains a link to another web site (the "onlinekey.org" is one of them.)

3) The price is TOO LOW to be true.

4) Broken English in the auction/ad description. (this is usually because the seller does not even speak English because he/she is in China or elsewhere, and used online "language translator" to convert description of the ad into English.)

Below is one such seller:

Ebay Seller: huangke050828 from China
    with email - emorycode@gmail.com
  16. chong67

I copy the above from ebay.

I am not buying anything this cheap anymore.

If the price is too good to be true, it is! To this day I still dont learn this lesson!
  17. eljefe0000

this is why i pm'ed you if you really wanna see if they are legit on paypal verify them first follow this link and enter their email address where it says email
    https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/pal=email

next time you buy check the email you sent the payment right away if its not verified i suggest you open up a dispute immediately dont even wait for ebay or send them private emails just open uo a dispute with paypal no questions asked
    chong67 likes this.
  18. eljefe0000

well i just finished chatting with some one at tmobile and they say there is no way for them to deactivate your pin after it has been purchased be it legit or with a stolen credit card so now im confused as to if they can actually do anything regardless of how you got it

Attached Files:

pcorlatan and chong67 like this.
  19. chong67

Yah man, I am confused myself now after reading your chat with tmo.

I did some more research yesterday that if you buy from the reseller that might have this fishy discount, your refill will not work anymore.

I dont know why this this.

The part I read above from ebay says that Tmo will come after you for that money many mths later when the consumer found out later.

Tmo is cutting down on discount to reseller. 30% off is unbelievable!
  20. eljefe0000

ive been using ebay for most of my refills hopefully everything is ok i think for the most part if your buying directly from a USA buyer the waters a little less murky also do what i do once you pay check the email make sure they are verified if they are not just open up a dispute with paypal immediately
  21. chong67

I still dont understand your email part. I log into paypal but when I click on your link, it show some error page about your action could not be completed.
  22. eljefe0000

log into your account than when your in you account copy this to your address bar
    https://www.paypal.com/us/verified/pal=>>>>>>>email<<<<<<<<<<

now u see where i put the arrows enter the email address of the person that you sent the payment to. it will show you if they are verified
  23. chong67

I see 83 for 100 now. This seller is Buy It now, not Classified Ad and has 1100+ feedback and ebay protection eligible.

Even thought Callingmart say Tmo have no more discount, I dont know how these sellers can get at least 17% discount and that $70 plan becomes $53 now. You see what I see?
  24. chong67

New sellers selling $50 and $100 refill today. All Buy Now, which is safe than Classified Ad.

I find one that is cheaper to buy two $50 vs one $100.

Happy savings. I like saving this type of money! Why would u want to do contract and pay more.
  25. kingdeeray

kingdeeray Well-Known Member

I've bought these refill cards for some time now. I have even bought a few and resold them on eBay for an few extra bucks. I've been saving on my bill this way since before monthly 4g was introduce back in the flexpay days. Currently I get a 100$ for less then 68$. I've never had a problem and yes with a refill card, they cannot "snatch" the refill amount back.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    pcorlatan likes this.