Your Fav Hero Accessories

Last Updated:

1. winky

winky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What are your favorite accessories for your Hero and why?

Advertisement
  2. islandmixed

islandmixed Well-Known Member

my ABS coated hard cases...they come in bright colours & just make the hero stand out. right now i have a green gel case with ridges all over. it suits my homescreen perfect, i have a bob marley pic & clock, looks so vibrate.

3. Revrusty

Revrusty Member

I like the cradle on my desk that lets me work the apps, links to my computer and recharges it at the same time. It additionally has a spare battery recharger to I can get through a full day when on the go.

4. Revrusty

Revrusty Member

And the rubberized skin that easily slips on for easier handling and protection when out and about.

5. luckie_reubs

luckie_reubs Member

If folks could add links to favorite accessories, that would be great. I've just gotten into my Hero (it's my first smartphone, and it's amazing), and finding out where folks get their stuff would be great.

6. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

The wonderful HTC car kit that orange were giving away with their Christmas promotion.
    Really sounds good in the car.

7. petefoth

petefoth Well-Known Member

iO PLAY-Innovative Bluetooth Music Streaming Car Kit. iPhone hands free car kit & iPhone music integration into your vehicle
    All my music in the car. This worked better with my old Sony Ericsson W960 but it's still the accessory I use most. I hope the BT functionality in the Android 2.1 update when it arrives will be a bit less flakey than what's in the current 1.6 - I'd love to be able to control the playback volume from the iOPlay, and I would like a successful connection every time without having to switch BT off and on on the phone which happens about 50% of the time with the Hero.

8. winky

winky Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Rev - which cradle is that?

9. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

Unofficial HTC Hero car mount and car charger...works great for satnav (using CoPilot software)

10. Revrusty

Revrusty Member

Search eBay for a USB docking cradle for your version. Mine is a 3-by-4 inch black base that holds the Hero at a slant. The extra-battery recharger is flat in area behind the phone. The cradle came with a USB cable that links the phone to my computer so I can access it while recharging.

BTW, apparently cradles differ for Sprint or GSM or CDMA, so read the descriptions carefully to be sure you get it right. I almost bought the wrong one before checking to find I've got a CDMA (through nTelos, a carrier you likely don't know, but it's great where I live in the shadow of the Blueridge Mountains and has never dropped me from sea to shining sea.) Hope this helps. :)

11. Revrusty

Revrusty Member

Tell me more, and whether we can still get it. Thanks.