• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your favorite free Android apps

jhsu802701

Lurker
Jun 25, 2012
I just bought my first smartphone a few weeks ago.

What are your favorite free Android apps?

What are your favorite free Android apps that are truly mobile? I'm referring to apps that would be of little or no utility on a desktop or laptop computer but have substantial utility on a mobile device.

OruxMaps - With my Samsung Galaxy attached to my bike's handlebars it gives various speed, distance, elevation readings as well as offline maps with the ability open and follow a predefined route as well as record a track as you go. I've not come across any other app that does everything I want. It is supposed to be able to navigate like an ordinary Sat-Nav but it looks like it uses Google Navigation, which presumably needs to be online to create it's routing - it's not something wanted so I have not tried it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones