Your favorite Kernel?

Last Updated:

1. Autonomy

Autonomy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to rooting just tried it yesterday and I was interested in the different Kernels and what different things they do.

So far I've read the most about
    KingKlick #4
    and HydraKernel

What is the communities opinions of these and are there any other really good ones out there

Right now I'm running the Hyrda 1.115 #1, who else is running this one, are you having any problems?

Advertisement
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

It's kind of a trial and error thing ya know. You'll use the one that suits your needs most. I've used stock HTC kernels and a couple of BFS's from king, but am now enjoying adrynalynes custom kernel for Virtuous. I don't overclock my phone nor do I want to. I don't benchmark my phone I just want it stable, great battery life, and fast in that order :D

3. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

I personally like hydra, stock undervolted. perfect. stock kernel with a little extra to add battery life!

4. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

i like kings right now... seem to work pretty well

5. zoidberg28

zoidberg28 Well-Known Member

i'm in a similar situation. just changed over to skyraider RC3 sense, and love it...but it's really brought down my battery life.

any idea what kernel might work for me? and where i can find it?

thanks!

6. Alfast

Alfast Well-Known Member

I'm in the exact position!

7. teacha6141

teacha6141 Member

I am using the same Hydra Kernel you are on my rooted incredible. What's nice about this one is that in a "non" use state, it will automatically "underclock" the phone thus conserving battery power..It did however NOT work with one of the custom roms..When I changed to Skyraider, and installed the Hydra Kernel...Phone Locked up..no big deal just flash back to backup..