• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your favourite launcher and why

holgalee

Nov 23, 2010
Hi all, I've got my SGS (with official 2.2 update) for 3 weeks now. Love it to bits!

But my phone tends to lag (or hang, not sure which because I usually shut down and power up) sometimes, especially when I click on an app and change my mind and use the back button before it can open. I'm not quite ready to root yet, so I wonder if using a different launcher will help.

I've got both LauncherPro and ADWLauncher installed right now. Both seem faster than TouchWiz, but both seem to cause the phone to hang, especially LauncherPro. Is it my imagination? :thinking:

So which Launcher do you prefer and why? Also, is TouchWiz really that bad? I like being able to hide the name of my apps on the homescreen and it takes longer to scroll through the apps, but it seems more stable, I think. Do share your thoughts!

I had issues with Launcherpro hanging on my rooted and lag-fixed JPO Froyo SGS, especially on boot when I would get a force close from it. Tried ADW as well but I have settled on Zeam Launcher. Doesn't come with the widgets from Launcherpro but its lightweight and very fast and causes no hangs or freezes on my phone now. Its also free so well worth a try

Reactions: holgalee
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones