your input on this please?

Last Updated:

1. lillygirl7

lillygirl7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm typing this from my vzw BB backup because I cannot loggin to this site from my evo. I'm in my 30day trial period and I brought my evo to Alaska to try it out and to are how well the service was on sprint compared to vzw. So far I have had service on both with out problems accept I have had email and some data problems with the evo. I can't send email from the evo and I cannot loggin to some sites. I can view android forum, but if I want to do a search or post anything I have to loggin with my user name and password and it will not let me.
    Over the last week and a half I have worked with sprint techs trying to help me with these problems. We even did a full reset which turned into a nightmare because I'm in roaming and couldn't program my phone while in roaming so I had to drive 200miles to program my phone. This was all do to what I thought was the update I did the night before we left, but I'm wondering what your thoughts are? Do you think it's from that stupid update that bricked some phones which I was experiencing problems at home from or do you think this type of problem is just because I'm in a roaming area?
    I wasn't receiving emails before I did the reset and now I receive just can't reply or send them. Weird.

Advertisement
  2. BKBitar

BKBitar Well-Known Member

I think it's just lack of service in Alaska. With constant roaming you're probably not getting the best data connections either. Probably not a big market for Alaska. Are you in a city in Alaska or out in a rural part. Strength of service should be a strong point in your purchase decision, not the phone, at least in this case.

3. lillygirl7

It's a rural area. Usually have 3 bars of roaming. Anchorage has sprint coverage, but it's 200miles away. :( this is my dilemma now because we usually spend a min of 2 weeks here and 2-3 months in hawaii. I think sprint has coverage on the island we go. Frustrated because I really love this phone and my only other option would be the droid x and I want to get away from vzw and I don't particularly like that phone. At home my data speeds are much faster then vzw go figure. Give and take I guess.

4. lillygirl7

Just wanted to update this and let everyone know I'm back home out of roaming and everything is working absolutely beautifully! Not logging into this forum and not being able to send pic emails or emails must have just been because I was in the middle of nowhere and had not so good coverage. I'm only using 3g now at home and it is blazing fast! I love this device!