• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your Iphone friends?

I've really got nothing against the iPhone, and where I live, I would rate AT&T and Verizon pretty equal in terms of quality (although they just got 3G in September, and I've had Rev A. for years).

Most of my iPhone friends like my Droid, and even the one with a jailbroken 3GS is incredibly envious of my notification bar. However, if an iPhone user were to start a little contest, I would have no problems shutting them up, heh.

Upvote 0
Actually, aside from jests, I've found that my iPhone friends are a lot less annoying than online folks. We agree that both are great phones and if I were forced to use either, id be ok.

The service is the only real prob for me, if it were on VZW id have had the iPhone a long time ago...however if it were released on VZW the same day as the droids id still take the droid.

Upvote 0
I want to put all these nonsense to rest,the Iphone can do where no other phones can do best,PEROID!! It has the most FART apps and it can fart all day and iphone fanboys,FAVORITE apps,(take that Fart apps away, they will sell their iphones) dont even have to use their ASSes.LOL'
I am selling my Iphone3g and going to Droid.Cheaper to use my ass than spending $0.99.

Upvote 0
3 different Iphone Users, 1 Blackberry User...

After 5 minutes of playing with my Droid, all 4 are going to be moving to the Droid...

2 are already out of contract with AT&T, and will be switching after Christmas (have to do xmas shopping first)

1 is out of contract with T-Mobile (hacked Iphone), and is going to switch after Christmas

1 is currently UNDER contract with T-Mobile (Blackberry), and is going to pay the early termination fee so he can move this month...

Those are the only "smartphone" users that I have shown the Droid to...VZW should be paying ME to own the Droid :)

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention that I was so sick of AT&T's rude attitude everytime I talked to them...so I paid early termination to go with Verizon and the Droid. I had a Razor 2 and went through three of them in 4 months, they just kept sending me a referbished one that died within a month or so. I asked if I could get a credit and move to an iphone, to which they answered absolutely not. Why...because its an iphone, that's why. Are you kidding me? They act like because they have iphone, they walk on water....so I moved to a better company and a far better phone and haven't dropped a call yet.

Well actually I have dropped some calls...while talking to my friends on AT&T and they lose signal!!! :D

Upvote 0
My friend with an iPhone keeps telling me that no one will develop for android because they all use different hardware, but the iPhone is a closed system so every developer knows their software will work. I just say. ..kinda like the PC which no one develops for and the Mac that has 90% market share?

Upvote 0
I moved from an iPhone. Honestly, my friends with iPhones are jealous and thinking of switching. AT&T 3G doesn't exist around here, and just that alone is enough. Being able to listen to Pandora while doing other things tends to seal the deal. Don't have a single iPhone friend that gave me grief for switching. I'm one of those people that everyone goes to for tech buying advice, so that probably helps.

Here's what I tell people interested in switching: If you want your phone for iTunes syncing and playing games, stick with the iPhone; you'll be disappointed with the Droid. If you want something that lets you multitask, has good cell reception, and is less of a toy, seriously consider switching.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones