Your old phoneGeneral

Last Updated:

1. shawn487

shawn487 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am just wondering what people are going to be doing with there old phone once they get a HTC Incredible. Are you going to use it as a back up in case you break your Incredible? Or are you going to dismantle it, burn it, shoot it, make it explode or something else destructive? Or are you just going to throw it away?

In my postition I will be switching from Sprint so I won't be using it as a back up. I am thinking about loading it into a clay pigeon thrower and throwing it and then shoot it with my shotgun it could make for an interesting night then throw the pieces in a bon fire and celibrate haveing a the Incredible.

So let me know your plans. This is just another fun thread.

Advertisement
  2. helicooper

helicooper Well-Known Member

Shadow_Rider likes this.
  3. Stroupified

Stroupified Well-Known Member

im just gonna keep mine in a dark corner so it can watch me having fun with the incredible and every now and then ill look over and shake my head at it in disappointment. lol

4. Nashdroid

Nashdroid Well-Known Member

I keep all of my old phones as kinda souvenirs. This may sound freakin' weird, but I want to have them so I can show my kids, if I ever have any, what kind of phone I used when I was younger. Kinda a museum of phones that I had. Plus, I went through certain things when I had each of them and there is kinda some sentimental value there that I don't want to just throw in the trash.

5. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

I am currently using the "LG Voyager in Titanium". It isn't really a dumb phone, but it isn't smart either.

It has served me well the last 18 months or so. Due to it's condition - It has a "wet spot", as I call it, on the front screen and it makes it hard to dial numbers and looks awful - I won't be using it as a backup. My girlfriend works for Verizon, so getting it fixed/replaced is an extra hassle and requires more effort than I am willing to invest at this point. This is the THIRD Voyager I have had. I had another with a similar problem and one that the hinge was broken on when I got it (it was a replacement). I have an old LG Chocolate that is alive and well and can function in a pinch. We have an enV2 around here as well, somewhere. It was my girlfriend's old phone before she got her MotoDroid.

As soon as I get my Incredible this Voyager is probably going into the recycle bag and being put to rest. I've got all of my contacts saved and updated on my GMail account (it is my primary form of email anyway) and I've got all of my pictures and movies on an SD card. I am ready for the Incredible!

6. pixmo

pixmo Member

My wife and I both have Moto razors on Tmo. Hers is pretty banged up, so she wants me to give her mine. She'll see how the Incredible fares for me. If she sees the speech-to-text, maps, GPS, etc. working well, then she'll ask for my Incredible, then let me get another one or the best Android phone at the time that's on Verizon.

7. Trent Reznor

Trent Reznor Well-Known Member

If the music player is passable on the incredible then my iPhone is ebay bound. My girlfriends iPhone is on its last leg and part of the screen is unresponsive so I am not sure what to do with it. I have already changed the screen and digitizer once on the phone bc she dropped it - the current problems are bc she spilled wine on it:eek:

We are definitely getting insurance on her incredible.:p

8. android_freak

android_freak Well-Known Member

LG Dare, or might look into selling it for a couple bucks at the site someone posted above

9. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy Well-Known Member

I sell mine on ebay. Usually get a pretty decent amount of money depending on how old the phone is and in this case about 1 yr old.

10. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

<--- keeping as back-up. enV2. Hopefully I never need to use it again lol

11. Brennschluss

Brennschluss Member

I'm trying to decide between trying to dial the old phone with a 40 S&W at 25 yds or a .223 Remington at 200 yards. Either way, I think my odds of getting a good connection on the first try are at least 2 orders of magnitude better than they were dialing with my fingers. The idea of foisting my xv6800 on someone else or having it hanging around with it waiting to take revenge on me sounds too much like Steven King's story, "Christine". Any other more creative ways of sending it to its just reward will be appreciated.

12. Kappy

Kappy Well-Known Member

haha nice

13. DieselBDC

DieselBDC Well-Known Member

I have all of my cell phones left over like Nash. My kids play with them. The more recent ones my older kids (11 and 7) charge them up and take pictures with them. I think in the toy pile, they still have the old Nokia something with the green screen. That's from when my cell phone plan was $60 for a whole 15 minutes...lol.

My current Envy2 will just go into the toy pile.

14. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Well-Known Member

Craigslist first then Ebay. I generally have good luck with Craiglsist and there are no fees to worry about. That said I want a Supersonic!

15. Hockey152

Hockey152 Well-Known Member

I have a blackberry curve so with it using pretty much the same data plan ill just keep mine as a back up for any reason.
    But i PRAY not to use this thing ever again! :D

16. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

My Storm is probably going to see a similar fate. Maybe a .40 JHP for maximum destruction.

17. vladfan

vladfan Well-Known Member

I have a Storm 2 that is 1 month old. I will probably keep it as a backup for a while and then I might sell it on e-bay.

18. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

I have a Droid now and while I'd probably rather sell it, it has a few more knicks on it than I'd like. Someone will probably still buy it though... hmm...

19. NKT

NKT Well-Known Member

If I were you, I'd keep at least 1 old phone around on the off chance you break/hose your current phone. That way you don't have to pay for a replacement if you didn't buy the insurance.

Kappy likes this.
  20. r1dePrkCty

r1dePrkCty Well-Known Member

I'll sell my long overdue curve 8330 on ebay in a heartbeat. As for the ipod touch 2g... I may have to wait and try out 4.0 just for fun, then that'll be on ebay shortly after.

21. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Gave my last one to a charity for abused and battered women. I've also seen Cell Phones for Soliers, where they send them overseas for them to use to call home. But for my iPhone, I still have it running on a jailbroken 3.0.1, and if I keep it like that, it should be worth something because it will still be easily unlockable to other carriers. I do still have my old Motorola StarTAK around somewhere, though. That thing is just too cool to get rid of! I got the analog version, had 12 hour standby and 15 minutes talk time on a full battery charge, LOL! I looked awesome for those 15 minutes, though!

22. v4npro

v4npro Well-Known Member

I'm using an unlocked SE w760i with AT&T. The metal thing on the side came out so only way to charge it was for me to take the battery out of the phone and charge it with a battery charger I bought. So as you can see, I'm excited to get a new phone!

23. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

i have a dare that im giving to my dad

24. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

+1. I just pop the battery out and voila, instant toy. My girls (1 and 4) tote around the house a pair of old Samsung flips phones from our Sprint days. I'm probably setting myself up for disaster, though (LOL). ;) In all likelihood, I'll keep my razr around as a backup phone in case something happens.

If this was the comment section on a public blog, I'd post that I was taking my old iphone and using it as a doorstop after picking up the Incredible, just to piss off the Apple fanboys. :)

25. rosend99

rosend99 Well-Known Member

Craiglist for my LG Voyager! Last time i tried they were selling for $100