Your preferred music PlayerSupport

Last Updated:

1. kersey

kersey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, am curious as to what your preferred music player is for your X10 and what you would recommend for the best sound quality??

Advertisement
  2. solidkevin

solidkevin Well-Known Member

I too would like to know! Mediascape is ok, but it seems like kinda a hassle for me.

3. kersey

kersey Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Have just started using Astro Player Beta, very impressed so far with the sound quality and an EQ that works.

It has a selection of different skins and even grabs the album artwork from the internet.

Looks very promising to be my preferred choice of music player especially as the developer is due to introduce presets for the EQ :D

metcard likes this.
  4. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

Ooo sounds good

I'm using meridian for podcasts and audiobooks as it remembers what time you turned off. On my old phone I had to take a note of the time and track if I wanted to listen to music now I have two apps one for each.

For music I'm using MixZing and the sound quality is pretty good as far as I can tell, I'm noticing things in tracks I never did before on my old phone.

Astro Player sounds pretty interesting though I'll deffo check that out

5. sushidushi

sushidushi Member

I found that MixZing was all right at times, but sometimes it would somehow start playing two songs at the same time. I use Yebisu now.

I just wish I could find something which I could use to create playlists from the phone rather than having to do it on the computer and copy the playlists over to the phone afterwards.

6. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

MixZing all they way. Love it because it works with Bluetooth headsets all the controls work flawlessly now. Audible.com app for my audiobooks.

Decepticon likes this.
  7. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

i'd have to go with meridian music player.. looks decent, unlike mediascape you can add playlists, drains less battery and also has a nice music control widget!!

give it a try!!

8. werthers

I've switched from meridian (still good though) to Mort player as its got a nice widget and an audiobook version and both versions hook up to the widget. It's folder based so it might not be to everyones taste but I think it's awesome

9. ianwang

ianwang Member

Had tried Mix zing, drain my batt .
    My choice at the moment goes to Zimly media player with a nice widget on my home screen.

10. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

It looks nice but the app keeps freezing, loses imported music and force closes every 5 mins, but get rid of them problems and it could be a good app.

11. dpk0875

dpk0875 Active Member

you guys all should try ^3 (cubed). it's a beta player, has an amazing interface and offers player control when the screen is locked - also it is free. very hard to find on the market because the app name is actually the symbol cubed but i think you should be fine if you type in 'cubed'
    after trying all kinds of music players this one converted me right away, cheers!

12. OmniCoRp

OmniCoRp Well-Known Member

I must say, i was very disapointed in the sound quality on such a "big" phone.

And im not much up for having a seperat mediaplayer.

So im more on the lookout for an "addon" for Mediascape.

I would very much like it to be like my old Walkman phone, (W850i) it had very good sound quality, and the megabass option. Best music device i've had.

But i don't know where to look for such a thing.

13. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Omni, I dont think there is such a thing :(

14. werthers

Omni why did you get an Android phone if you don't want to use anything but the stock player doesn't that defeat the point of having an Android phone?

15. OmniCoRp

OmniCoRp Well-Known Member

Because i liked the idea of Mediascape

16. Finde

Finde Member

Personally DoubleTwist is my favourite music player but in the recent update every time I remove the headphones it comes up with force close.

I am now using the Android music player.

17. metcard

metcard Member

Astro media player is pretty sweet.
    It remembers where you left off on every song in your library and you can long press the volume rocker to skip to the next song - although, unfortunately it only works when the program is open.

18. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

Just started using Zimly. Its by far the best graphically ive found. I havent noticed any difference between the sound from any of the media players ive tried and i think ive tried them all now so im after the one that looks best along with ease of use. 3(cubed) looks nice but found the swiping too annoying.

dpk0875 likes this.
  19. gibbleking

gibbleking New Member

i use real player as it automat resizes the video to fit the screen....works just great with me samsung stereo bluetooth earphones

20. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

Do any of these have a shake to shuffle option?

21. CharlesLewis

CharlesLewis Well-Known Member

I've been using it for a few weeks but I'm having problems with it forgetting where I left off. I have four playlists and switch back and forth; when I do, I often wind up at the beginning of the first selection. I am using bookmarks to work around this, but it's not ideal.

22. devizes18193

devizes18193 Well-Known Member

graphicly its has to be zimly , however Moodagent is now on the market bulid a play list in 3 seconds that suits your mood . Moodagent