• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your Recorded Videos: Youtube or Qik?

mcbtrain929

Android Expert
Nov 5, 2009
I want to get the input/opinions of some other people on this topic. I have a couple of big events coming up that I will be recording with my (soon to have) Evo. Now I know that Qik is gonna be huge when it comes to 2 way video calls, but my question/dilemma is to either use the native Camcorder/Video Camera app and upload them to Youtube, or to use the Qik app and have it stored on the Qik site.

From what I've heard and seen, when a video is recorded/streamed to Qik, the quality that results on the Qik site is NOT nearly as good as what you're actually seeing and recording on your screen (compression, whatever, bla bla bla). However, I have seen videos on Youtube from people with EVO's where the quality is a ton better and it looks really good.

So, why would anyone want to use the Qik app to take video recordings, when the end result on their website is of less quality as supposed to using the Camcorder/Video Camera app and posting it to Youtube? Is the only benefit for Qik is that people can watch your video being streamed pretty much right then and there (with only a little delay)??

Well I can tell you that I am new to uploading any videos via my phone (droid eris) but from what I have seen, Youtube is much better quality. I have only uploaded 6 videos to Qik so far and it is very jumpy and choppy. Youtube at least seems to be smooth. IMO

I love how Qik is live as you record, and I am sure it will improve over time.

Upvote 0
This is what I do, anything that's important to me, that I'll be showing people and want to keep around I will RECORD THE VIDEO AND HAVE IT ON MY PHONE.

Anything that I'm just like huh check out what I'm looking at, this is cool, this is live, this is going on right now I use Qik. It allows you to show/document stuff without taking up any room on your phones memory card.

So if its important record it with your phone's native video camera

Just showing and documenting, use Qik

Upvote 0
This is what I do, anything that's important to me, that I'll be showing people and want to keep around I will RECORD THE VIDEO AND HAVE IT ON MY PHONE.

Anything that I'm just like huh check out what I'm looking at, this is cool, this is live, this is going on right now I use Qik. It allows you to show/document stuff without taking up any room on your phones memory card.

if you look there is a feature on qik that saves on copy on your phone/sd card while your uploading

Upvote 0

makes sense to me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones