Your SIM does not allow connection to this network.

Last Updated:

1. perceptor

perceptor Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Forum,

I am having this error since last two weeks "Your SIM does not allow connection to this network." I have tried everything to the best of my knowledge:

- Reset Phone (Soft & Factory Settings both)
    - Rooted Phone
    - AnyCut application to reset Radio
    - Updated radio to 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26-signed

No luck so far, please suggest.

HTC support is so lame :-:)confused:

I have unlocked HTC Hero stock ROM from Orange UK.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Advertisement
  2. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Sounds more like a problem with your provider than with your phone, you should be trying orange's tech support, not HTC's.

3. Perihelion

Perihelion Well-Known Member

I had a lot of this problem when our local transmitter was broken. What happens if you force the phone into 2G mode, can you surf over 2G?

4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

I had the same problem and it went on for weeks.
    What i found out that latch was not locked properly on the Sim card.
    I pushed the latch right over and Ive not had a problem since.

Hope that helps.

5. perceptor

I have switched 4 operators so far..doesnt look like issue with the operators. I have used it in 5-6 countries so far (earlier) so phone is not locked for sure as well :(

6. perceptor

Can you help me identify where exactly local transmitter is located, in case I decide to open it myself? It doesn't connect at all in 2G or 3G mode :(

7. perceptor

How did you find out latch was not locked properly? I tried to shake my phone to see if sim falls or not latched properly but it seems it is fine at that end :confused:

8. jamesdavies403

jamesdavies403 New Member

I am having the same problem with an unlocked Orange phone using a Three UK sim card.

I have tried another Three sim to no avail, but if I put in my wifes sim card from Virgin it works!!!!!

The problem started with the phone just unlocked, nothing else, I had done no rooting, custom roms etc. Since the problem started I have installed a custom 2.1 rom and flashed latest radio but still nothing at all with my three sim (which works fine in my crappy INQ B1).

I hope someone has an idea as I cant upgrade until December..... Thanks

9. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It's the new radio you've flashed. The generic 2.1 ROMs all came with new radios, and these were distributed with custom ROMs, but they don't work on (some) orange branded phones. As you've experienced, it will reject your SIM card even if the phone is unlocked.

I'm not sure which 2.1 radios are Orange friendl, (Can somebody here recommend one?), so it might be worth trying your old, pre-1.5 radio.

10. jamesdavies403

Xyro thanks for quick relpy. Trying now............

11. android1230

android1230 Active Member

Is there any way to completely wipe and de brand an Orange locked phone then install the Generic HTC settings for 2.1 so that an orange sim will work.

There must be some people using an Orange sim in an unlocked Hero using the radio that's included in the 2.1 update.

I ask the question because some people are getting the message "sim locked"
    when de branding and then installing the generic 2.1 update on an Orange locked phone with an orange sim, so it can't be an incompatible radio because the generic 2.1 download is the same for all unbranded handsets.

Hope you get my drift

12. jamesdavies403

@ post 9

No Success, tried various radio roms going back including a recommended orange one.

Working virgin sim a bit misleading as I just tried to call in and out with no success but it does show signal bars where the three sim shows nothing.

Frustrating as everything else works fine.....So frustrating.

13. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Yes, it's possible to debrand the Orange hero and recieve the generic 2.1 ROM + radio. But if your Orange branded phone is one of the ones that doesn't like the radio it won't work. And no OTA updates are ever going to work until Orange release their OTA update with the compatible radio.

So, for people in that situation, the only choice is to use custom ROMs (or wait for the Orange release). That would let you mix and match radios and ROMs, which would allow you to install your ROM of choice and a compatible radio. (People have released the generic ROM in a custom ROM format, if you still want to stick with stock).

And yes, it really is the radio. When people with custom ROMs flashed only the new radio, not new firmware, they still experienced the bug. There must be something different with the hardware of those phones.

14. android1230

android1230 Active Member

Thanks

Yes that is what I was thinking, it must be the hardware

15. jamesdavies403

I get what you mean and in my case my problem started with un modified ( except unlocked) 1.5 hero.

I updated to a 2.1 custom rom to try and fix the problem.