• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Your Thoughts On The Infamous Touchwiz

Surfer

Jul 16, 2010
California
I honestly had my doubts about Touchwiz right when I saw it. I thought, oh a copy of the iPhone... But then I used it. It has the basic setup as the iPhones, but the contrast is truly great on the Application screen and it is actually pretty snappy for me. I also got the Weather and Clock Widget so it looks awesome.

All in All I am pleasantly surprised with this UI and until an Android Update comes out and Samsung doesn't decide to update the ui, this is a keeper!

Hey guys, based on your experiences, I'm trying LauncherPro again with the optimizations in that video. Can you tell me though - where is that Google Search widget that's on the homepage of TouchWiz located? I thought it might be an app but I can't find it. I really like it and would like to add it to the homepage of LauncherPro.

Upvote 0
its a new phone...going to take some getting use to...Probably be a week before the new factor is over and everything settles down to every day use. I'm just happy for appbrain which allows me to categorize my thoughts on apps and add and subtract on the fly and keep a running list of stuff im interested in.

Upvote 0
Coming from my LauncherPro'd Milestone, I just couldn't stand the sluggish TouchWiz screen, and I really really (really!) hate the side-scrolling applications menu. Not a big fan of the big square iPhoney icons either.

The TW widgets were not all that impressive either, so it was back to LauncherPro inside the first twenty minutes of ownership. Haven't looked back. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones