Your Thoughts On The Infamous Touchwiz

Last Updated:

1. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I honestly had my doubts about Touchwiz right when I saw it. I thought, oh a copy of the iPhone... But then I used it. It has the basic setup as the iPhones, but the contrast is truly great on the Application screen and it is actually pretty snappy for me. I also got the Weather and Clock Widget so it looks awesome.

All in All I am pleasantly surprised with this UI and until an Android Update comes out and Samsung doesn't decide to update the ui, this is a keeper!

Advertisement
  2. MrTony

MrTony Banned

I came from a WinMo phone and I'm loving it! I tried LauncherPro but quickly switched back to TouchWiz. I have experienced none of the lag that some have described.

3. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

TW was pretty decent, but I've had LauncherPro for about 2 days and like it better.

4. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Touchwiz? does that exist on this phone? sorry I've only seen Launcherpro :)

j/k I'm actually still undecided, Ive not set a default yet so whenever I hit home I get the choice box and I'm happy with this because I can spend 1 day with each one and make a choice.

5. MrTony

MrTony Banned

Hey guys, based on your experiences, I'm trying LauncherPro again with the optimizations in that video. Can you tell me though - where is that Google Search widget that's on the homepage of TouchWiz located? I thought it might be an app but I can't find it. I really like it and would like to add it to the homepage of LauncherPro.

6. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Haha I like launcher pro also, but idk I just enjoy touchwiz.

7. lordmaxx

hold down on the screen, select widget, and choose Search

that will add the widget to that page.

8. ReverbTank

ReverbTank Member

One of the reasons I'm switching to android is to get away from iOS. I prefer the dock in Sense. In Touchwiz like the iPhone, the "phone" looks just like any other application. I like the way that Sense treats it as the central feature of the device.

9. MrTony

MrTony Banned

I'm a friggin' idiot! :D

Another question - on the dock in LauncherPro, the second icon, which looks like a silouette, says that "application is not installed on your phone". I thought that was contacts, right? How do I associate it with my contacts?

10. MrTony

MrTony Banned

I'm an idiot again! I figured it out. Sometimes I'm such a dork!

11. lordmaxx

its a new phone...going to take some getting use to...Probably be a week before the new factor is over and everything settles down to every day use. I'm just happy for appbrain which allows me to categorize my thoughts on apps and add and subtract on the fly and keep a running list of stuff im interested in.

12. Duck Tales LOL

Duck Tales LOL Well-Known Member

You can long press any of the LauncherPro apps at the bottom to change the app. :)

13. Croak

Croak Well-Known Member

Coming from my LauncherPro'd Milestone, I just couldn't stand the sluggish TouchWiz screen, and I really really (really!) hate the side-scrolling applications menu. Not a big fan of the big square iPhoney icons either.

The TW widgets were not all that impressive either, so it was back to LauncherPro inside the first twenty minutes of ownership. Haven't looked back. :)

14. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

Touchwiz was way better than I expected. Having said that, I love LauncherPro :)