• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yourmuze and Handcent SMS

jasonacg

Mar 11, 2010
Tampa Bay, FL
These two don't seem to play well together, but I'm wondering if someone has a suggestion...

I use Yourmuze.fm to listen to Windows Media streaming sites, since I've found no other way to do it. When listening to a stream, I can't do anything else with the phone, since doing so will stop the stream. Apps like Iheartradio and (insert your favorite media player here) will play in the background, but since Yourmuze works by URL, and not an app, it won't go to the background.

I decided to try Handcent for SMS last week, and I like it. However, when an SMS comes in, it pops up on the screen, and kills the stream. I then have to start the stream again.

Until a Yourmuze app is released (which they claim is in development), can anyone suggest a way for Handcent to receive a message, and not kill the stream? Or perhaps an alternative method for playing live streams that use Windows Media?

If it matters, I'm running a Moment with stock 2.1.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones