Youtube 3D Video ProblemsSupport

1. dprids

dprids Member

Is anyone else having problems with YouTube 3d? Last night I was on 3G and able to stream 3D without problems. this morning, it will only stream in 2D. Also, does the you mate or some other you tube downloaded download in 3D?

Advertisement
    :
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

marctronixx likes this.
  3. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

i had a problem with youtube and htc watch only doing 2d. but my own content was in 3d. restarted the phone(battery pull but regular restart will probably work) and 3d was working again. i did notice i only had like 100 mb memory free before the restart and 400 mb free after the restart
    ladyc_833 and Pecosb like this.
  4. coolio86

coolio86 Well-Known Member

Some videos labeled as 3D don't play in 3D properly. Basically anything that doesn't have an image that has two different pictures in the small box that shows a shot of the video will play wrong if it's labeled 3D. Is that the uploaded's fault or something with the phone?
  5. coolio86

coolio86 Well-Known Member

The YouTube downloaded does download videos marked as 3D in 3D and at whatever resolution you choose, up to 1080p
    marctronixx likes this.
  6. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

This happened to me too. The 3d of the homemade stuff (pics videos) worked fine. But the 3d (side by side) videos on youtube and even the Green Lantern would only play in 2D no matter what. A regular reboot didn't change it, but a pulling of the battery and then a reboot did fix it.

/shrug
    Pecosb likes this.
  7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

i just now tested some mario (the game) trailer vids on youtube and saw them in 3D...
  8. Chadwick5000

Chadwick5000 Member

My videos play in 3D fine. Just on the YouTube app it only loads about 30 seconds then decides to have an error. On 4G and WiFi.
  9. marctronixx

..what about 3G? :D
  10. Chadwick5000

Chadwick5000 Member

Same. But I don't expect the 3g to work great. Lqtm (laugh quietly to myself).
  11. 814 htc evo

814 htc evo Well-Known Member

When I start YouTube now it don't POP up with that message tilt phone to orientation to search for 3d videos!? Anyone else having this issue? My YouTube isn't 3d anymore!?!? :( :( :(
  12. Crodley

I don't remember if the 3D icon was gone, but for some reason it suddenly wouldn't play any 3D videos either from youtube, or even the Green Lantern movie in 3D, though it would play any 3d videos I have made with the phone. I had to remove the battery and reboot it for it to go back to normal. You may want to try that?
  13. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Merged threads.
    marctronixx likes this.
  14. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

I haven't been able to watch any videos on 3d, but the ones taken with the 3d camera. does anyone know where to get videos in 3d. Also there's an app preinstalled on the evo 3d called movies, are all those movies to buy or rent in 3d or just regular movies?
  15. marctronixx

i can see 3D vids fine on youtube. you can play 2D or 3D movies on the handset.

htc watch you can log in and rent movies to play--some are 2D some are 3D...
  16. Crodley

I think some people are missing the point of some other posts. It's not that some people can't see (and have never seen) 3D youtube videos at all, it's that they USED to be able to see them in 3d, but they are now 2d instead, after a battery pull reset, it's back to normal. This intermittent issue could be annoying in the long run, though it's only happened once to me.
  17. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

Whenever I click a 3D video in the YouTube app, it just shows the video duplicated side by side. How do I watch in 3D?
  18. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

I just took a look on YouTube for that trailer. Bob loves Mario. SawhHim in 3D on my Triumph.
  19. FezKazi

FezKazi New Member

Any way to view youtube 3d videos in the browser? (not using the youtube app)

None of the settings seem to be working for me.
  20. EazySteve

EazySteve Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem where YouTube 3D only works on WiFi and will not work on 3G or 4G. It plays them in 2D video side by side. I have HQ checked all the time. I have pulled the battery out and restarted the phone, but still no luck. I have tried updating YouTube to the latest version, but doesn't help, so I went back to the previous.

I also posted it here before I saw this thread:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-v-4g/618146-youtube-3d-not-working-over-3g-4g.html

Is the phone defective?