• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help YouTube an error has occurred problem

Shadow Wolf

Lurker
Apr 27, 2016
Ever since I installed YouTube it kept saying an error occurred every time I open it. If anyone knows how to fix this please help me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-27-12-35-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-27-12-35-19.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 450
Hmmm, that's a pretty generic error. Sometimes these are the hardest to figure out.

Did youtube ever work on your device?

First thing I'd do is go to settings>apps and clear both data and cache for the YouTube app then uninstall the app, reboot the phone and reinstall it. If that doesn't clear it up, it might be a problem with your Google account. You could try logging out and then back in. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to try.

Good luck. :)

Reactions: svim and Dannydet
Upvote 0
Cellular is also known as 'mobile data'.

But since it does appear to be the Youtube app is the problem, when you tried uninstalling it did you follow all of lunatic59's instructions? Tap the 'Force stop' button and then the 'Clear data' button. It's important in this case to 'Clear data' as something is preventing the app from working correctly.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
YouTube just updated their app recently, there might be a complication between that and his device.

shadow wolf: it would be very helpful if you would give us your location, and the brand/model of device we are talking about. and the Carrier you use also.

If you can sign into youtube via a web browser, you just have an app issue on that device.
I would suggest you power it off, force it to do a bootup into the Service Menu, then select Clear Cache Partition.

Also, either remove the YouTube app, or at a minimum to to Play.store and update it with the new version.

Upvote 0
http://www.gsmarena.com/allview_ax4_nano-6079.php
There are some hardware issues that might need to be taken into consideration. With only 512 MB of RAM and a 800x480 pixel screen there will be issues with video playback in general. I don't know if it's a matter of the Youtube app just won't run on your AX4 Nano but at least you can access Youtube via a browser. Did you install the Youtube app manually using a downloaded apk or through the Google Play site?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones