Youtube and calls....2 questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. <3phone

<3phone Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 13, 2010
    I looked in another thread and there was not a lot of info. My youtube app doesn't work, and when I go to youtube from my browser (dolphin), it also doesn't work. It just says "video error". I can GET to youtube, I just can't play a video.

I think I have 1.5....I know, I should know these things. Is there something I need to do so youtube works on this phone?
    If I need to update to this 2.1 I keep hearing in the heck do I do that?

I also have a seemingly really stupid question! How do I end one call while keeping the other going? For example, when I am about to leave a voicemail, and the person calls me back, I would really like to be able to end the line in which the voicemail is on but not end both conversations. Otherwise I either 1) hang up on both, or 2) leave a super long voicemail. Not the end of the world, but let's see if there is a fix for that.

2. morganpants

morganpants Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    well, youtube and 1.5 had alot of issues of video playback not working unless on WIFI, so the really only way to playback is to upgrade to 2.1
    keep in mind you lose the ability to root at the moment with links below.
    step 1:
    step 2:

now if you want to root then i'd suggest reading

alot of people prefer root so if you dont like it then u can downgrade, and also so you can modify your system beyond what you can without root, and with whatever you decide to do root or not root it's tons better then 1.5, expecially with the new v3 leak that was released a week ago. ^_^
  3. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2010
    i just finished the Evil Eris Mod, its worth looking into. its app2sd enabled, meaning you can run your apps from your sd card freeing up massive amounts of internal memory. i currently have 150MB free compared to the average of around 40-60

also Overclocking will soon be supported o this version :)