1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

youtube .apk they just stepped it up

Last Updated:

1. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ver2.0.26 is looking really nice on the droid, I have been leery about the updating youtube because I didn't want to loose the widget themed version I am running.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/youtube/com.google.android.youtube
    I love the ability to just watch the tiny video on the apps search page and with a rotate it switches to full screen. Changing in settings to load all HD is a huge PLUS..

Looks as if I will be finally creating an account and uploading my droid videos to youtube... (these get interesting)

Advertisement
    Frank Grimes likes this.
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I like it better than the stock one, no doubt.

I could not install it, so I had to use Root Explorer to back it up and then delete it and then I was able to install this one yesterday.

3. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Well-Known Member

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

4. DasMuse

DasMuse Well-Known Member

this update for youtube is awesome... for the first time i was able to watch 2 HQ videos in a row, right away with no problems and no lag... thumbs up

now if only android would be cool enough to notify you of updates to apps that are pre-installed on the phone instead of making you look for them in the market

5. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

that would be nice...it would also be nice if you could just install from the market and it would replace the stock app...anyone not knowing what they are doing are going to start wondering why they cant DL Gmail, youtube, or the car home.

6. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

its only because it was a core(stock) app at first. so it was a bit like having an apk instead of downloading from the market. how could you get an update for an app in which android market doesnt know you have? it was its first time being on the market so it couldnt be an update. same with Gmail, Gsearch, Gmaps, Car Home, Chrome To Phone, and etc.

7. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

Not sure I understand. When I downloaded it from the market, it did update/replace the stock app...

8. _atlien_

_atlien_ Member

Does this version allow you to comment?

9. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

No direct commenting from the new youtube still. I got a question for you all, do you have problematic with YouTube stopping in the middle of a bufered song or not loading a video on full 3g or 4th for those of you with the Evo

10. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

Are there any YouTube apps that allow playback while in another app. I hate it when I'm listening to a song on YouTube and I wanna browse around the Internet. The moment you move away from the YouTube app...the music stops. I wish it would support background playback.