Youtube App Freezes when logging in!Support

Last Updated:

1. scoot05redss

scoot05redss New Member This Topic's Starter

So I'm an Android Newb. Just get my captivate yesterday. I got my wife one and myself one. Among the many questions I have, the most concerning is, why does my youtube app freeze, and have to be force closed, when I try to log into my account? I used my wife's and I'm able to log in no problem. The only difference is I have a few different apps then her, but the problem has occurred since I purchased the phone. Is there anyway to uninstall and reinstall this native application? I've even tried logging into someone elses app and the same thing happens! Thanks in advance guys!

Advertisement
  2. scoot05redss

So this is causing me not to be able to upload videos through the app! Quite annoying! Hopefully someone will have an answer soon!

3. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

I'd try a System Restore OR returning it for a new one. (Make sure the new one works before you leave the store.) :)

4. scoot05redss

Sounds like a plan, I'm gonna try the system restore, but do you have any idea how to back up the phone, I am rooted and i have titanium backup! Thanks!

5. scoot05redss

You are a genius, I did a reset and now it's allowing me to log in! Just set up all my old apps and settings and everything is looking great!

6. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

Glad I could help. :)

7. koolest08

koolest08 New Member

I have this same problem since i got the phone, since then i have had to restore mutiple times for various reasons but still the app will not let me log in and i cant take it into the store because since i do not have a data plan i shouldnt have internet but i can still pick up wifi so im worried if i take it in they will start charging me.if anyone has another solution please post and thank you in advance