• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help YouTube App is not working on HTC EVO 4G

tgatif

Lurker
Oct 12, 2010
I bought HTC Evo 4G. At first, youtube app was working. Now it is not working. When I click on the app, it crashes. I even unsuccessfully tried launching app by website or link. I went to Settings>App>YouTube. I cleared the cache and file storage but it did not make the difference.

I cannot reinstall the app. I do not what to do.

Can someone help me in this regard?

I had this problem twice before:

The first time was because I was in airplane mode. (even after turning wifi, and data 'on', the yt app won't work in airplane mode)

The second time was because I connected my youtube account to a diff email account other than my evo's controlling gmail account. Had to change my yt account settings on the computer than save them before the evo was released from that nonsense.

The yt app though handy, is a delicate flower easily upset by the slightest changes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones