• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube App Upload Problem - "waiting to retry"

ProfeZZor X

Android Enthusiast
Jun 28, 2011
After I made a video on Saturday afternoon, I've been waiting for TubeMate to upload my video ever since. Instead, I get a "Waiting For WiFi" message, and it just sits on standby. The file itself is a little less than 30megs, so it's not like it's an incredibly huge file.

Has anyone else come across this error message while trying to upload 3D content to YouTube?

And is there some other hassle-free app that will allow me to upload 3D videos there?

I can't upload videos to Youtube through the Youtube App. I get the message or "error" that says "waiting to retry - 1 minute" and sometimes the amount of time changes to 2min or 5min.

I am not connected to my WIFI because it sucks for one. I'm connected to my 4G and I want to use that connection because it is A LOT faster than my wifi (sadly).

Any idea how to fix this?

Upvote 0
Update: I also cannot upload through the internet app using the full youtube website. I'll get to the part where I can select my file and then the internet app just closes on me without giving me the "force close" error.

So I downloaded Dolphin Browser HD and tried it on that also. It doesn't work using that browser either.

I just don't know what to do anymore. It makes me feel like my 4G speeds are useless.

Upvote 0
I went on CNET and came across a wonderous YouTube converter that worked flawlessly. I ended up converting about a dozen of the most popular 3D shorts out there.

1) First I installed the program.

2) Second, I created a special folder in My Documents entitled "EVO 3D Movies".

3) Then went on Youtube to the specific movie I wanted and made sure I selected the HD version of the code (Share > Options > HD).

4) As soon as you highlight the code, it automatically copies over to the converter program, which you should already have open. Make sure you selected your new folder as a place for them to download.

5) Depending on the length and quality of the movie, it may take a while, but at least it gives you a percentage progress bar.

6) After it's done, open your folder and rename the movie to your liking.

7) Then whenever you're ready, sync up your EVO 3D, and that folder will appear in your gallery.

Of all the 3D YouTube movies out there, I highly recommend "Pangea", GoPro 3D Highlights" and Wrath of the Lith King". All three have a great range of 3D effects.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
I went on CNET and came across a wonderous YouTube converter that worked flawlessly. I ended up converting about a dozen of the most popular 3D shorts out there.

1) First I installed the program.

2) Second, I created a special folder in My Documents entitled "EVO 3D Movies".

3) Then went on Youtube to the specific movie I wanted and made sure I selected the HD version of the code (Share > Options > HD).

4) As soon as you highlight the code, it automatically copies over to the converter program, which you should already have open. Make sure you selected your new folder as a place for them to download.

5) Depending on the length and quality of the movie, it may take a while, but at least it gives you a percentage progress bar.

6) After it's done, open your folder and rename the movie to your liking.

7) Then whenever you're ready, sync up your EVO 3D, and that folder will appear in your gallery.

Of all the 3D YouTube movies I recommend acquiring, I highly recomment "Pangea", GoPro 3D Highlights" and Wrath of the Lith King". All three have a great range of 3D effects.

Good luck.

This is the total opposite of what I'm talking about. I want to upload videos, not download youtube videos. But thanks.

Upvote 0
This is the total opposite of what I'm talking about. I want to upload videos, not download youtube videos. But thanks.

Well in that case, what you need to do is sign up with YouTube first and foremost, if you already haven't done so.

After that, I went directly to my videos (on my EVO 3D) and selected the one that I wanted to upload. At first I was getting an error that the device was waiting for a WiFi connection, but it never occurred to me to simply plug it in to my computer. Once I did, it uploaded the movie almost immediately.

I thien went on YouTube and verified that it was there. Sure enough, it was.

I hope that helps.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if the GSM version behaves differently, but the Sprint version doesn't require you to connect to the PC. (that defeats the purpose of the mobile application in my opinion).

The first time I tried to upload a video, I got an error about upload failed (no waiting for wifi message though). Repeated attempts failed as well. I then logged into youtube on my computer and tried to upload a video - that prompted me to set up my youtube account and profile (yes, I was using the same gmail ID that is set up on my phone). once that was done, I was able to upload video from my PC, and sure enough, I can now upload videos directly from my phone as well

If you are having trouble with playing back the video (losing sound halfway), and if the problem occurs on your computer as well, it is a problem with the video you are uploading.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones