• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root YouTube blocked?

I understand, or think I understand, that. I read something about some videos, most videos, being flash and other videos being in certain formats or something (I was searching for an explanation as to why the YouTube app is missing MANY videos).

Let me clarify a little I'm not sure if that still applies or not.

I hardly use the YouTube app for that reason. What I do is head to the desktop version of the YouTube site with the Browser. This will let me view many videos that I can't view through the mobile site/app.

I noticed that within my browser, AdFree is blocking flash ads from showing (by blocking "ad hosts" or something like that). Some YouTube videos load an advertisement video that cannot be skipped or forwarded. After the advertisement video the REAL video will load and start playing.

In this case, is it possible that AdFree is blocking the ad video from loading and would this explain why I'm staring at the spinning circles (loading animation) for minutes in frustration?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones