• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Youtube buffering issue

ranjb

Jun 27, 2010
Hi

I have a Galaxy S4 on UK EE and find when I use the official youtube app to watch a video using my 4G connection I found it without failure that any video I watch it will always buffer

I use the imperium ROM and my phone is rooted.

Was wondering does anyone know what might be causing this issue anything I can do to fix this? Do other ee users have this issue?

Thanks

Hi I have a UK EE Galaxy S4 and find randomly that my phone will show no network and LTE connection is showing as not connected.

I do know thought that my phone is working and I am able to make or receive calls and receive texts etc so wondering why I am seeing this issue.

I am using the imperium ROM and my phone is rooted. I can confirm I saw this issue when I was on the original stock ROM which came with the phone. Could this be a possible phone issue? If I restart the phone that tends to resolve it as well.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi

I have a Galaxy S4 on UK EE and find when I use the official youtube app to watch a video using my 4G connection I found it without failure that any video I watch it will always buffer

I use the imperium ROM and my phone is rooted.

Was wondering does anyone know what might be causing this issue anything I can do to fix this? Do other ee users have this issue?

Thanks

Do you not think that your problem above is directly connected to your other post, No network issue fixed after reboot? Namely, poor signal quality.

Upvote 0
Hi I have a UK EE Galaxy S4 and find randomly that my phone will show no network and LTE connection is showing as not connected.

I do know thought that my phone is working and I am able to make or receive calls and receive texts etc so wondering why I am seeing this issue.

4G/LTE is for data and does not affect calls or texts.

I am using the imperium ROM and my phone is rooted. I can confirm I saw this issue when I was on the original stock ROM which came with the phone. Could this be a possible phone issue? If I restart the phone that tends to resolve it as well.

Whether on stock Samsung firmware or a custom ROM, your modems, GSM & LTE, will remain the same unless you manually change them by flashing a new one via Odin. See, Latest modems in the (International) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root section of the forum.

The latest I9505XXUGNE8 modem is proving very good for a lot of UK/European users.

Upvote 0
Ranjb, I merged your both threads together and also move it to the root section, for better support. You can ask all your question needed in this thread, No need to open a separate thread for each questions, it makes it easier to follow and troubleshoot your issues. Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones