• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help YOUTUBE CACHE INTERNAL STORAGE

I was wondering if I can delete these files which are in the YouTube cache in INTERNAL storage. I will include screenshots of the file types and the files path.
I have an LG LS Stylo, Android Version 5.1.1

The files path is in INTERNAL storage and as follows:
storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.google.android.youtube/cache/eco

Below are screenshots of the file types and most of the path is at the top of screenshots but the entire path is typed in the paragraph above.
These files seen to remain even when I delete the cache from the YouTube app itself. There seems to be 2 different file types and I am not sure what they are so here I am asking the experts. Can these be deleted without screwing up Android system files, my YouTube app, or severely slowing my application down?
Any help is very appreciated.
Thank You!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-29-08-42-48.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-29-08-42-48.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,032
    160.1 KB · Views: 438
    160.1 KB · Views: 404
  • yt2.png
    yt2.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 545
  • yt1.png
    yt1.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 1,199
I was wondering if I can delete these files which are in the YouTube cache in INTERNAL storage. I will include screenshots of the file types and the files path.
I have an LG LS Stylo, Android Version 5.1.1

The files path is in INTERNAL storage and as follows:
storage/emulated/0/android/data/com.google.android.youtube/cache/eco

Below are screenshots of the file types and most of the path is at the top of screenshots but the entire path is typed in the paragraph above.
These files seen to remain even when I delete the cache from the YouTube app itself. There seems to be 2 different file types and I am not sure what they are so here I am asking the experts. Can these be deleted without screwing up Android system files, my YouTube app, or severely slowing my application down?
Any help is very appreciated.
Thank You!
I apologize for the double posts of the files. I think when I uploaded them they also uploaded from my cloud storage. Not really sure how that happened. But would appreciate an answer. I have gotten a lot of great help here and it is appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones